Android OS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Supporting Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start out by saying that this will not give you free tethering! You must have the tether option on your Verizon plan for this to work!

Anyway, the Mobile Hotspot app is not working in the 2.3.3 Gingerbread leak. The fix is to simply install the Hotspot Widget from the market: https://market.android.com/details?id=at.mysandbox.android.hotspotwidget&feature=search_result

Once installed, create a Hotspot widget on one of your home screens, and turn it on.

The default SSID will be: SCH-I510 96D
The password will be your phone number.

Enjoy!

·
Supporting Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rominucka said:
You can also just set the date back on your phone to May
That really kind or screws up any appointments that you have in your calendar..

·
Android Apprentice
21 Posts
Rominucka said:
You can also just set the date back on your phone to May
So I suppose this GB leak is older than EE4 given that they fixed the expiration issue with it a few weeks ago.

Either way, I will gladly jump on to GB once Gummy has a ROM out.

·
Android Lover
471 Posts
I just set the date back... can't for gummybread its gonna male this phone insanley desirable

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

·
Average Android
97 Posts
NotATreoFan said:
So I suppose this GB leak is older than EE4 given that they fixed the expiration issue with it a few weeks ago.

Either way, I will gladly jump on to GB once Gummy has a ROM out.
Who knows? Maybe they couldn't build it off of EE4 and had to go back to an older version. Maybe, since the free HotSpot feature will be over by the time the OTA GB is released they locked it only so that a Verizon activation could open it.

·
I Have Androids
48 Posts
Has anyone found a workaround for this besides setting the date back? I have even encountered problems with that. I reverted to Froyo and an older baseband to get the free hotspot back. I wish I could use it on Gingerbread :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts