Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Here we have a battery mod for you guys. This will give you accurate 1% battery increments in your meter as well as new charging animations. This was pulled from the Bionic files found here http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?6347-MOD-Accurate-battery-1-increments. I just modified the services.jar to work with the D3. There are two zips, one is a circle battery and the other is a linear meter. Just download and flash through clockwork.

Big thanks to @AndroidSims too as I would not have got this working without him.

First boot will take a little bit but just wait for it.

NOTE: Make sure you are deodexed before installing this. If you are having force closes make sure you flash a stock deodexed ROM and then reflash the battery mod you want. Should take care of any issues you may have.

Also this does replace your framework-res.apk so if you have done any themeing it will be erased. Sorry.

D3 Circle 1% Battery Mod - Download
D3 Linear 1% Battery Mod - Download

·
Droid Ninja
39 Posts
I just flashed this and it's working great. I'm on Steel Droid v1.0

If you want I can post screenshots as well.

Thank you :)

EDIT: I'm using the Circle one too btw.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"Yonnor said:
I just flashed this and it's working great. I'm on Steel Droid v1.0

If you want I can post screenshots as well.

Thank you :)
Great to hear. And I'm thinking it has to be a deodex issue since you were on a deodexed rom when you flashed.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Average Android
142 Posts
pedwards3x said:
Super strange. I have seen it working on multiple people's phones and I'm personally running it on mine. Did you flash the circle one or the linear one?
I used the circle one and had the same issue force closes every where....I havent tried linear...is that what your using?

·
Themer
282 Posts
Are you guys applying this over metamorphs? If you have used metamorph to edit your framework-res.apk that could be causing issues. You can edit SystemUI.apk though, which includes status bar, data and signal icons.

·
Android Apprentice
21 Posts
AndroidSims said:
Are you guys applying this over metamorphs? If you have used metamorph to edit your framework-res.apk that could be causing issues. You can edit SystemUI.apk though, which includes status bar, data and signal icons.
I've used metamorphs previously but i flashed the bloated deodexed fresh, before i flashed the 1% mod.

... could it be because i used TBH's app to switch to a circle battery previously?

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
@tat2dwitetrash said:
I've used metamorphs previously but i flashed the bloated deodexed fresh, before i flashed the 1% mod.

... could it be because i used TBH's app to switch to a circle battery previously?
Possibility. Not sure exactly what TBH's app modifies. Give me a few minutes. I'm gonna flash both stock deodex ROMs and then each battery file and see if I can mess mine up.

EDIT: Ok tested both the Circle and Linear by first flashing the Stock Deodexed Bloated ROM and then flashing the battery. I reflashed the stock ROM before each to be safe. Both worked flawlessly with no FC. Working on testing with Debloated in the same manner as I type.
EDIT: Just finished testing with the Debloated Stock ROM. Again flashed the stock ROM then Circle battery. Then the stock ROM again and the Linear battery. No issues whatsoever. I even went another step and flashed the battery files on top of one another and they worked great just replacing the needed files. At this point my gut says that if you are having issues either A) you are not deodexed or B) you have made some other edits to files that this framework and services.jar doesn't like. My end solution if you are having problems is that you flash a version of the Deodexed Stock ROM. Reboot. Make sure all is well. Then boot back into CWM and install the battery of your choice. Reboot again. If this does not work feel free to PM me and I will help as much as possible. Thanks guys for your patience!

·
Android Beginner
51 Posts
"pedwards3x said:
Possibility. Not sure exactly what TBH's app modifies. Give me a few minutes. I'm gonna flash both stock deodex ROMs and then each battery file and see if I can mess mine up.

EDIT: Ok tested both the Circle and Linear by first flashing the Stock Deodexed Bloated ROM and then flashing the battery. I reflashed the stock ROM before each to be safe. Both worked flawlessly with no FC. Working on testing with Debloated in the same manner as I type.
EDIT: Just finished testing with the Debloated Stock ROM. Again flashed the stock ROM then Circle battery. Then the stock ROM again and the Linear battery. No issues whatsoever. I even went another step and flashed the battery files on top of one another and they worked great just replacing the needed files. At this point my gut says that if you are having issues either A) you are not deodexed or B) you have made some other edits to files that this framework and services.jar doesn't like. My end solution if you are having problems is that you flash a version of the Deodexed Stock ROM. Reboot. Make sure all is well. Then boot back into CWM and install the battery of your choice. Reboot again. If this does not work feel free to PM me and I will help as much as possible. Thanks guys for your patience!
I was getting fcs when I was on 959, and with 890 it works fine with deodexed. You need to be on 890 and you need to be running any version of the deodexed rom, plain and simple. If you are running any mods then fastboot to be safe.

·
Android Beginner
51 Posts
"pedwards3x said:

I was getting fcs when I was on 959, and with 890 it works fine with deodexed. You need to be on 890 and you need to be running any version of the deodexed rom, plain and simple. If you are running any mods then fastboot to be safe.

·
Android Apprentice
21 Posts
pedwards3x said:

thanks for going through the trouble, P3droid's battery meter was definitely the culprit...reflashed everything and i'm in business!
so glad we're seeing mods for d3 i love this thing..

·
Android Apprentice
22 Posts
fixed my force close issues, had to sbf for some other reasons, applied this first thing after I got everything set back up. Definitly thinking it was some metamorphs that were the culprit. Is there any way to get the status bar to be black with this? I know p3roids battery icons work with it, but I would kill to have a black status bar again

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
RigWig said:
fixed my force close issues, had to sbf for some other reasons, applied this first thing after I got everything set back up. Definitly thinking it was some metamorphs that were the culprit. Is there any way to get the status bar to be black with this? I know p3roids battery icons work with it, but I would kill to have a black status bar again
If you're still on odexed 5.6.890 try flashing jewremys v4 mods :p

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts