Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Droid Journeyman
274 Posts
New Download Area - and Naming Sequence

I have been busy modding several frameworks for people, and I know it's hard to search the pages for the one you may want. So, I have tried to put

most of them in one folder on my Box account so check there first before requesting.

http://www.box.com/s/6s4mjzpqnxoca9s13cml​

Secondly I will be following a new naming sequence from now on so there is a better understanding to what each file is. The sequence is as follows -

(ROM NAME)_(ROM VERSION)_(THEME NAME)_(THEME VERSION)_(SIZE).zip

I know there have been alot of navbar mods out there lately, and here is just another to add to the list.

This is a mod for those of you who want to keep your navbar, but want to gain screen real-estate at the same time.

What this does is make your nav bar half the size* (stock dpi) In my opinion it works very well, because you can beat the speed and ease of the actual navbar. At the same time you will have more realestate on your screen but still have access to the buttons when you need them.

*if you have changed your dpi this mod could make the navbar almost invisible. Allthough if you have changed your dpi and wish to have a larger navbar, follow the 'do it yourself' section below and increase the numbers rather than decrease.

My focus on this thread has changed, at first I thought I would just update as the roms/themes did but there are just waaaay too many options out there. So now I have decided to take personal requests from people that don't know how to do the mod their selves, the configurations are endless.

Some users have found 25dip too small, others have found 30-32 to be a good number, and as cupfulloflol suggested, making the portrait bar 30-36 and making the landscape bar even smaller so you can have more room to play your games.

So, if you make a request I will get to it as soon as I can and help you in any way I can to get you up and running yourself on making these mods. Please upload your framework-res.apk from /system/framework (use root explorer to pull the file or ADB - open command window in the folder you wish to keep the file and type, adb pull /system/framework/framework-res.apk) then upload via dropbox or preferred method.

If I seem bored, it's because I am, lol, theres only so much you can do on unemployment.

ADDED BLACK EXODUS R5 AOKP B25 - VERSION- DOWNLOAD BELOW
ADDED NATEMODZ RED CNA 1.4

CHANGELOG

V 0.1
Changed height from 24 to 25 to match the statusbar - looks more uniform

INSTALLATION

Wipe Dalvik
Flash via CWM

DO IT YOURSELF

1) Decompile Framework
2) navigate to res/values/dimens.xml then open with notepad++
3) Change these two lines : I have them set to 24.0 each in this mod.

Code:
<dimen name="navigation_bar_height">48.0dip</dimen><br />
<dimen name="navigation_bar_width">42.0dip</dimen>

Width sets navigation bar width in landscape
Height sets navigation bar height in portrait

4) Recompile
5) Flash

SCREENSHOTS

DOWNLOADS (I have also attached a zip to take you back to stock - But a nandroid would be much better. And backup your current framework-res.apk found in /system/framework)

Apply Mod

AOKP B25

V 0.1

http://dl.dropbox.co...KP_b25_v0.1.zip

BLACK EXODUS R5 (aokp b25)

V0.1

http://dl.dropbox.co...P_25_HPv.01.zip

NateModZ_Red_AokpB25

V 0.1

http://dl.dropbox.co...KP25_HPv.01.zip

NateModZ_Red_Cna1.4

V0.1

http://www.box.com/f...29702/0/comment

Restore File (for aokp b25 only)
http://dl.dropbox.co...rig_nav_b25.zip

CREDIT

Before releasing this mod I did a google search to see if it had been done before and I found this link. So I give credit to gogodu5sU.

·
Droid Journeyman
274 Posts
Wow all this mods keep getting cooler. Do u think there will be any affects running this on aokp25 sense hide navbar mod is built in?

Edit nevermind !

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
I'm running it now and it works great. I modded the framework-res.apk from AOKP B25 its self, so this only changes the size of the bar, all other B25 mods stay intact. If you have any extra framework mods applied they will be overwritten with the original B25 mods.

EDIT: just saw your edit, lol, but at least the info is out there now.

·
Droid Journeyman
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Going to try this with natez red mod over the weekend, lookin cool!
Thanx, just know that if you want to use it with a theme, you will have to manually do the edits yourself. If you want to upload your framework-res.apk once you get your theme the way you like it I will be happy to mod it for you and add it to the op. This goes for anyone else as well, I do most of my modding in the morning so you can expect a newly uploaded file in the morning if you need it. If something happens I can't get to it right away, I'm sorry, I will do my best but the fam comes first.

·
Droid Journeyman
274 Posts
Love it, but causes a few issues (mismatched colors) with Black Exodus 5.0 on AOKP B25. Like you said, its the file being overwritten, but I do not know how to edit it for it to work seemlessly.
Send me your framework-res.apk out of the Black Exodus mod and I will fix it up for ya then post it in the op for other Black Exodus users.

EDIT: It's building now, will be up in a few.

EDIT EDIT: It's up now, let me know how it works. It is fine if you flash it over the aokp mod above. Wipe dalvik.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Sorry for the thread jack, but seems you might be a good person to ask...

Is there an easy xml editor? Or know of one being made? It seems like some tweaks could be done pretty easy with the right GUI...Just load the framework, select the changes, recompile, and walla!

Or is it more about knowing what commands do what in the XML file? Then just messing with those? OPAQUE, TRANSPARENCY, HEIGHT, WIDTH etc etc..

I am quite familiar with apktool, decomping/recompiling... just seems like someone could make a easy to use interface or maybe there is one made already? =D

·
Droid Journeyman
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you can decompile and recompile then this should be a piece of cake. I use notepad++ for xml edits, if you really want do some cool stuff like the rom devs you will need to learn java and do some smali edits. All I can say is google and more google.

As far as the xmls go, just decompile then browse through the xmls, after some studying you can piece together how everything works as a whole.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Is anyone else having some inconsistency with responsiveness? Sometime it recognizes a touch and sometimes it doesn't. OP, could you possibly provide a file for the original size so I can see if it is A. this mod, B. my screen, or C. my big fingers?

1 - 20 of 175 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.