Android OS Forum banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am trying to get this to work with a verizon note 2. Has android 4.3 and no luck. Can you help?

The phone app and other apks' have changed in 4.4 KitKat, and becase of that, the zip no longer works. I have made a modified version of the zip that is flashable in the same way, it works on 4.4 only (as far as i know).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ppc89q40rgnw9yb/wifionlymod.zip

credit still goes to jellybellys for the original script.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well I was experimenting around, and here it is. A flashable zip that makes your cell phone not a cell phone. Great for turning an old phone into a media player or something.

What it does:

• Removes unnecessary apps (Messaging.apk, Phone.apk, TelephonyProvider.apk, Mms.apk, TelocationProvider.apk)
  • Completely turns off cell radio on bootup
  • Installs the radiooptions binary in case your ROM does not include it
  • Prevents emergency calls and 911 calls (good for giving your kids your old phone to play with)
How to install:
  • MAKE A NANDROID!
  • Flash zip
  • Reboot
  • Profit?
Download:
v2 (5/15/12):
attachicon.gif
jellybellys-mod-wifionly-2.zip
Old Versions:
v1 (137 Downloads): http://jellybeangame...-wifionly-1.zip

If you yike it, click LIKE!
On the other hand, if you don yike it, reply below and I can help you :)
I wanted to let you know that this worked PERFECTLY on my LG Optimus Dynamic model: LGL38C. I have it rooted with CWM and removed apps like maps and other junk from Stock Rom and then had to make sure airplane mode was enabled and was worried it would get disabled and Emergency mode would be working. This is awesome. You are tha man. Thank you a lot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was able to install this just fine and it did disable the cell radio, but it also seemed to interfere with GPS, I couldnt get a GPS signal after the mod and had to revert back. I'd also like wifi and the fm radio to work, so the airplane mode trick wont do -- the fm radio wont run in airplane mode.

is there any sort of tool for 4.4 that lets me select exactly which radios i want on and off?

thanks,

jh

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the mod :)

I tried flashing the zip you provided on my "Samsung Galaxy Fame gt-s6810p", but the flashing software throws something like "failed package signature verification" and aborts. The flashing software is the default one which came from the factory. The SD card is new and branded, so I'd exclude data corruption. I tried downloading and writing the zip on the SD card twice.

On the other side, I'm solely interested in the radiooptions binary bundled in your package so, as a workaround, I copied that file under the phone's /system/bin via ADB shell. My phone didn't have this binary by default. My real problem is that, when I execute "radiooptions 1" from an SSH console after the phone has already booted, the radio signal icon on the status bar temporarily turns into a "no signal" symbol, but then, after a few seconds, the icon turns back to normal, that is, into a signal strength bar, so the effect of radiooptions is only temporary.

Any idea?

61 - 65 of 65 Posts