Android OS Forum banner
61 - 80 of 86 Posts

· Android Beginner
205 Posts
Just felt like diving in once again to add a mod that mike1986 of the Android revolution hd rom had was to Remove first line from egl.cfg and remove libGLES_android.so library. which are located in /system/lib/egl/

This will Removed software (CPU) rendering and use full PowerVR SGX 540 (GPU) rendering

· Android Beginner
205 Posts
Have you noticed any performance benefit of doing this on any 4.0.3 ROMs? How much different is this from enabling the 2D rendering check box under Developer options in the settings menu?

I was wondering about this one too since it was a popular one in the OG Droid days.....not entirely sure it did anything though.
I noticed a huge difference in overall smothness.
The 2d forced option is not the same, and has no bearing on 2d rendering. I still use the forced 2d option but mainly for running quadrant. The egl mod just smooths the ui as far as i have noticed.

The other option you mentioned about in the build prop doesnt seem to have any effect on ics.

The most noticable ui mods for me have been the egl mod and windowsmgr set to 240. Other than that just roms and kernals will make any other difference. Thats just my 2¢ though

· Registered
20 Posts
has anyone tried these yet? or have an opinion/knowlage if they will add anything to the 3g signal/speeds?

Code:
ro.ril.hsxpa=2<br />
ro.ril.gprsclass=10<br />
ro.ril.hep=1<br />
ro.ril.enable.dtm=1<br />
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=10<br />
ro.ril.enable.a53=1<br />
ro.ril.enable.3g.prefix=1<br />
ro.ril.htcmaskw1.bitmask=4294967295<br />
ro.ril.htcmaskw1=14449<br />
ro.ril.hsupa.category=5

· Android Beginner
60 Posts
For the lib file instead if deleting it can I just rename to xxxx.so.bak? If I just change the file name to. bak it should do the same add deleting it right? Just don't
Want to fully delete it
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

· Android Beginner
87 Posts
I'm running Axiom 2.3 @ 1350mhz/350mhz on interactive.
Before changes:

- CFBench: 12622, 3921, 7401
- Quadrant: 2387
After I did the first two changes (checkjni, windowsmgr):
- CFBench: 12611, 3929, 7401
- Quadrant: 2248

Phone runs so fast I'm not sure how to tell if it's improved or not.

· Registered
89 Posts
For the lib file instead if deleting it can I just rename to xxxx.so.bak? If I just change the file name to. bak it should do the same add deleting it right? Just don'tWant to fully delete it

Sent rom my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
yes u can, reinstall of rom will add that file back. Its usually there after kernel flash as well
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

· Android Power User
109 Posts
FYI, I'm loving the egl hack....I also have the kernel debugging disable and window refresh build.prop edits applied. They seem to make a difference but not as much as the other (you can totally see the difference in the globe test on quadrant).

In any case, I'm running the CM9 kang ROM with Imo's 1.2.0 stable kernel at 350-1350 UV'd on the interactiveX governor. Performance and battery life are amazing. Benched 3630 on quadrant today (not like that means all that much but them are nice bragging rights :) ).

· Android Beginner
19 Posts
I'm running Axiom 2.3 @ 1350mhz/350mhz on interactive.
Before changes:

- CFBench: 12622, 3921, 7401
- Quadrant: 2387
After I did the first two changes (checkjni, windowsmgr):
- CFBench: 12611, 3929, 7401
- Quadrant: 2248

Phone runs so fast I'm not sure how to tell if it's improved or not.
Haha. I lol'd.

I went from 5882 to 6033 using Antutu 2.51.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts