Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Android Addict
715 Posts
**Please delete**

All- I apologize for the dead links you were getting. I sold my Tbolt a month or so ago and now have a Galaxy Nexus (had the GSIII but returned it for a Gnex). I'm no longer updating this mod and ask that a Rootz moderator delete the thread. I loved my time on this phone and loved the community here even more. I'm still holding out hope for you guys to get your ICS update. Thank you for all of the support I was shown here on the boards with my time on the Tbolt.

Mike*

Attachments

·
Android Addict
715 Posts
Alright flashed this and got centered clock. Used a transparent theme but no dice. Weird tho as the status bar is transparent at lock screenbut not on home.

Any idea?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
Try hiding/unhiding the status bar in go launcher settings while on the home screen, have you rebooted since applying the theme? another scene for reference:

*insert clever tag line here*

·
Misanthropic Lamentations
88 Posts
rebooted every-time I applied a theme, let me try the hiding and unhiding bar
I had to use Multi-picture live wallpaper. Unless Go Launcher has changed, "normal" wallpaper isn't extended above the status bar on the home screen. So your status bar can be transparent but appear black because there is nothing behind it. When you open apps (like Gmail) you should notice the status bar is transparent.

Sent from my HTC Mecha using RootzWiki

·
Android Addict
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had to use Multi-picture live wallpaper. Unless Go Launcher has changed, "normal" wallpaper isn't extended above the status bar on the home screen. So your status bar can be transparent but appear black because there is nothing behind it. When you open apps (like Gmail) you should notice the status bar is transparent.

Sent from my HTC Mecha using RootzWiki
I'm using go launcher in the above screenshots.

·
Android Apprentice
89 Posts
this was working for me, but I applied a "black text fix" for a specific theme and no longer wanted it so I just extracted the framework-res and systemui.apk from the thundershed zip and replaced them. Black text undone, but when I try to apply the patch it doesn't work. And to be more specific, it applies but when I reboot into the OS the status bar isn't there at all. Any suggestions or help is appreciated...please?

http://db.tt/cuGJHCCB
http://db.tt/CLkpxRhf

·
Android Addict
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this was working for me, but I applied a "black text fix" for a specific theme and no longer wanted it so I just extracted the framework-res and systemui.apk from the thundershed zip and replaced them. Black text undone, but when I try to apply the patch it doesn't work. And to be more specific, it applies but when I reboot into the OS the status bar isn't there at all. Any suggestions or help is appreciated...please?

http://db.tt/cuGJHCCB
http://db.tt/CLkpxRhf
Download and flash the "undo" patch from the op.

·
Android Addict
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just replaced the two files again, that undid the changes. I still want the patch though. I miss center clock
Do you want just the center clock or transparent bar as well? I'll work on it tomorrow after work for you, not sure why the install patch on the OP wouldn't work second time around for you though

·
Android Apprentice
89 Posts
Do you want just the center clock or transparent bar as well? I'll work on it tomorrow after work for you, not sure why the install patch on the OP wouldn't work second time around for you though

If the ghosting is fixed, transparency would be awesome.

sent from HTC Mecha running Thundershed CM7

·
Android Addict
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Where if u pull down the statusbar it shows the date over the time?

sent from HTC Mecha running Thundershed CM7
I've updated the OP with a centered clock on a black status bar as an option. I'm not seeing any ghosting on my pull downs, I'd flash the black background file if you are. Hope this helps!

My current pull down:
Atmosphere Light World Purple Font

Product Sky Font Screenshot Communication Device

Attachments

1 - 20 of 132 Posts