Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Slim Dev
453 Posts
NOTE: Do Not Apply this mod for Alpha 3, it screws up the status bar. You have been warned. I will see if i can recompile it for Alpha 3.

Initially i did this mod for my I9000 which was running CM7.1 and i was only seeing carrier numbers instead of names. I have ported this to CM7.1 for HP touchpad. Flash this file in cwm recovery.

When booted up you should see an additional setting in cyanogenmod settings called CustomSettings, tap that to open custom carrier text, tap that and enter whatever you want to show on the lockscreen and notification bar. Press done.

Install the attached notificationrestart.apk and open it, give it root access, press restart and wait for the notification bar to restart. This is to avoid restart of the tablet before you see the new settings apply. Voila, you should see what you put in the custom name. Have fun and hit the thanks button if you like it. Cheers.

If for some reason your status bar looks wonky after a while use this to get back to original stuff. I changed the dpi to 182 using nitrality app and the wonkiness seems to be gone. I am using iKandee theme from market.

Original Mod for I9000 credits
doixanh ( for his ginger DX settings)
ngiordano ( for his helping hand with androiding)

Screenshots of what settings should look like are attached as well.

Attachments

·
Average Android
406 Posts
Is this your work? I am honestly asking. I've seen this on github, but can't remember. I have this worked into my D2 and it works well if it's the same.

If it's yours then thanks. If it was done before give credit. The only reason I question is because you only have 10 posts.

·
Slim Dev
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, this is my mod. Hop over at xda and you will see I have over 1000 posts there with 260+ thanks meter and similar mods for i9000 with proper crediting etc. I am not at rootzwiki that much.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Works perfectly but I did get the "wonky" status bar issues...things not lining up and some blurry icons...had to revert.

·
Slim Dev
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will that apk work on any device running CM 7.1?
This mod should but if i were you, i will make a back up of the files i am replacing. Open my zip, there are like 4 files i replace, thsi way if it doesn't work you can put it back.

·
Android Apprentice
80 Posts
Not trying to flame you but releasing screenshots showing that you are using a task killer tells me and everyone else that understands how android works that you don't know what you are doing. #Just sayin....

By the way people.......NEVER PUT A TASK KILLER ON ANDROID 2.2 AND ABOVE... if you don't believe me just google task killers and let the other 5 million people explain why they are bad....

·
Android Beginner
77 Posts
danalo1979 said:
Not trying to flame you but releasing screenshots showing that you are using a task killer tells me and everyone else that understands how android works that you don't know what you are doing. #Just sayin....

By the way people.......NEVER PUT A TASK KILLER ON ANDROID 2.2 AND ABOVE... if you don't believe me just google task killers and let the other 5 million people explain why they are bad....
Wow... shooting someone down for writing up something helpful... real awesome man.

As a rule of thumb android manages its processes very well, yes, however there might be particular times when running a task killer, even temporarily can be appropriate. Don't you think it's a bit rich to flame the OP because of an icon in a screenshot? Its not as if he sent you a device log, you have no idea what else is going on with his device.

I realise you said you weren't trying to flame, but it really doesn't come across that way.

·
Supporting Member
63 Posts
danalo1979 said:

So what if he uses a task killer...it's not like he's a kanger or something.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
You can install a task killer and know what you're doing. Don't start shutting people down with your baseless accusations. Task killers are good when not set to automatic and it's a personal choice whether to use a task killer manually to manage running apps or the built in app management tools. Shows how much research you've done before telling others to do their homework. Oh, #justsayin.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using RootzWiki Forums

·
Average Android
99 Posts
You can install a task killer and know what you're doing. Don't start shutting people down with your baseless accusations. Task killers are good when not set to automatic and it's a personal choice whether to use a task killer manually to manage running apps or the built in app management tools. Shows how much research you've done before telling others to do their homework. Oh, #justsayin.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using RootzWiki Forums
Perhaps you both could start here: http://lifehacker.com/5650894/android-task-killers-explained-what-they-do-and-why-you-shouldnt-use-them

from personal experience, my battery lasts much longer WITHOUT a app killer.. I additionally installer Juice Defender and eeked out a few more precious minutes.

·
Android Beginner
77 Posts
Warus said:
Perhaps you both could start here:
You're missing the point. We understand task killers aren't a good idea with android, but the previous poster saw a task killer symbol, and with no other info than that, flamed the O.P. as not knowing enough to be credible.

·
I AM The Scrizz
172 Posts

oh so now you guys know more thank the devs writing the apps.
nice.

I can't wait to see what you can come up with.....

·
Slim Dev
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
oh so now you guys know more thank the devs writing the apps.
nice.

I can't wait to see what you can come up with.....
I usually ignore unnecessary flames. Keeps things simple. Let's get back to the main topic of this thread. Cheers.
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

·
Android Modder
84 Posts
krarvind said:
I usually ignore unnecessary flames. Keeps things simple. Let's get back to the main topic of this thread. Cheers.
Even if I wanted to take a crap on my touchpad everyday, knowing its wrong, you have no business telling other people what they should and shouldn't do with there personal equipment. Its their own business, quit being a bossy knowitall

·
Slim Dev
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Even if I wanted to take a crap on my touchpad everyday, knowing its wrong, you have no business telling other people what they should and shouldn't do with there personal equipment. Its their own business, quit being a bossy knowitall
Huh?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts