Android OS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
K. That apk is from updating in the market at one point. Not sure why yet but after updating in the market it no longer flashes correctly. There is a work around for it. U have to download another launcher and uninstall apex then verify that com.anddoes.apexlauncher.apk has been removed from data/apps and reflash the rom and gapps with a cache wipe then the zip will work fine. I haven't had much time to figure out a better solution for the conflict.
Make sure to download another launcher first or you'll run into even bigger problems. I might end up having to create a pre install flash for those who have updated in the market cause trying to remove that apk in the same flash as the mod will still get the conflict

Sent from my DROIDX using RootzWiki

·
Registered
115 Posts
K. That apk is from updating in the market at one point. Not sure why yet but after updating in the market it no longer flashes correctly. There is a work around for it. U have to download another launcher and uninstall apex then verify that com.anddoes.apexlauncher.apk has been removed from data/apps and reflash the rom and gapps with a cache wipe then the zip will work fine. I haven't had much time to figure out a better solution for the conflict.
Make sure to download another launcher first or you'll run into even bigger problems. I might end up having to create a pre install flash for those who have updated in the market cause trying to remove that apk in the same flash as the mod will still get the conflict

I give up...tried DVD apex is not showing up now

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I understand the frustration. It is a hassle after updating apex in the market. When I did it the first time I had to reinstall rom and gapps then reboot and install zip after that.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
No. Don't update from market at all. I was just reading the OP for kangorade and it seems travp also has this issue with Gmail and his work around is the same. Seems that due to the market installing apex as a normal app breaks the system app link and causes it to not install properly.

·
Padawan
130 Posts
That had been my problem I mentioned earlier with the dock. I updated to Apex1.1.1 and it kept the mod on the ssk but not the dock. New mods for 1.2.0 work great! Been playing with MIUI and I wish I could slim down that damn dock!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm on Gummy 1.0 with the 1.0 SSK/Apex Mod and want to update to Gummy 1.2. I've also update to Apex 1.1.1 through the market.

Should I reflash Gummy 1.0, Gapps, clear cache, boot. Than Gummy 1.2, gapps, clear cache, boot?

Also do I need to remove the Apex 1.1.1 update from the market? And if so at what point do I do that? Than at what point can I update to Apex 1.1.1 and can I now do that from the market or do I need to do that from cwm?

thanks,

Larry

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I personally would recommend to back up all your apps then data wipe, install 1.2.0 and gapps, reboot then install ssk and apex mods but if u want to avoid wiping then install another launcher and uninstall apex, reinstall 1.0 to clear out the ssk mod, reboot then wipe caches, install 1.2.0 and gapps, reboot then install the ssk and apex mods. No need to update apex via play store.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Working on the apex mod now but made it twice already both resulting in bootloops. Trying to find out what's going wrong. As far as it working for other phones I imagine it would as its just a launcher app but must be used on 4.0 and most likely will need to be pushed to the phone manually instead of with the update zip

·
Padawan
130 Posts
Slight issue but it may be something on my end. Every time I boot, it goes to the "Android is Upgrading" screen with "starting applications" underneath for a few before finally loading into the ROM. When I try to install the new Apex mod, it "bootloops" at that point.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Working on the apex mod now but made it twice already both resulting in bootloops. Trying to find out what's going wrong. As far as it working for other phones I imagine it would as its just a launcher app but must be used on 4.0 and most likely will need to be pushed to the phone manually instead of with the update zip

How would I push it manually?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Slight issue but it may be something on my end. Every time I boot, it goes to the "Android is Upgrading" screen with "starting applications" underneath for a few before finally loading into the ROM. When I try to install the new Apex mod, it "bootloops" at that point.
The android upgrading screen is caused by cache being wiped. If its doing it on every boot then sounds like you have something set to wipe cache on every boot. As far as the boot loop I'm not sure, its working fine for me now. How exactly did u install it? Just cache or dalvik too?

·
Registered
294 Posts
So will this work with the LTE Galaxy Nexus and Nova launcher or will I just brick my phone?

41 - 60 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.