Android OS Forum banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
So will this work with the LTE Galaxy Nexus and Nova launcher or will I just brick my phone?
The Apex mod should work but u will have to ditch nova. The slim keys might. If the framework for gummy is the same across all devices. I'm not sure as I've never tested but Apex Mod can possibly be side loaded or pushed via ADB but framework would need to be pushed via ADB of put into a update zip created for the Nexus.
The only way to know is to try.

Edit: on second thought don't try the SSK. I'm prettsure you will bootloop
Sent from my DROIDX using RootzWiki

·
Padawan
130 Posts
The android upgrading screen is caused by cache being wiped. If its doing it on every boot then sounds like you have something set to wipe cache on every boot. As far as the boot loop I'm not sure, its working fine for me now. How exactly did u install it? Just cache or dalvik too?
So... After wiping and reflashing Gummy 1.2.0 and GAPPS then doing and advanced restore of my old nandroid data and Many, MANY reboots after removal of certain system and user apps (mainly live wallpapers, root browser, and rom toolbox lite since I use the pro version), the "Android is Upgrading..." issue is no longer there. All the reboots were an attempt to see where the issue was if it returned but fortunately (or unfortunately if you REALLY wanted to know where) it has not. sskmod 1.2.0 works fine. Tried flashing the .zip for that and the .zip for Apex 1.2.0 and got the bootloop again. Restored the nandroid I made before flashing those two zips then flashed the sskmod again but rebooted w/o the Apex mod. No problems. Went into CWM and flashed the Apexmod .zip separately and rebooted. Bootloop again. So it seems THAT issue is either my phone or the mod. I have a backup of the Apex 1.2.0 launcher just in case you have other ideas but I noticed that there is already a stable Apex 1.2.1 update so I'm going to do that and deal with it for now. I wish I could help more but I'm just now trying to learn the dev side of things and how to use adb and linux so I wouldn't even know where to begin to send you anything where you could look to see where the issue is if it's even possible to do that. Thanks for all the help. You and so many others on here are crazy helpful and so much patience to take the time to make these mods and then get crap from people waiting for updates or when something doesn't work for them. Again, thanks for all the effort.

Edit: Forgot to mention... Everything seems to be working fine so far even with boot manager. So I really mean it when I say I have no clue where the "Android is Upgrading..." issue came about.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Honestly the way apex is doing it now with the dock margins its not to far off from my mod. I have considered ending the apex mod unless those who enjoy it can give enough reasoning. I don't think too many people are using it and its a hassle to install if u have done a market update. So this is why I haven't updated it to 1.2.1 yet. If anyone does like it and enough people use it I may reconsider

·
Registered
294 Posts
The Apex mod should work but u will have to ditch nova. The slim keys might. If the framework for gummy is the same across all devices. I'm not sure as I've never tested but Apex Mod can possibly be side loaded or pushed via ADB but framework would need to be pushed via ADB of put into a update zip created for the Nexus.
The only way to know is to try.

Edit: on second thought don't try the SSK. I'm prettsure you will bootloop
Tried the SSK mod on my gnex, didn't work, but didn't boot loop either, install failed in CWR.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Padawan
130 Posts
Honestly the way apex is doing it now with the dock margins its not to far off from my mod. I have considered ending the apex mod unless those who enjoy it can give enough reasoning. I don't think too many people are using it and its a hassle to install if u have done a market update. So this is why I haven't updated it to 1.2.1 yet. If anyone does like it and enough people use it I may reconsider

I hear ya. I just get a little set in my ways sometimes when I find something I really like. The mod gave me just a LITTLE bit more screen space but ultimately, you're right. There's not a whole lot of difference anymore. And I'm sure it's a pain in the ass. I've recently started trying to learn ubuntu and the command lines and all because I'm the type of person that likes to dig in and figure stuff out on my own rather than relying on someone else. I do that with a lot and have found that, while it may benefit others, it often just gets tedious and boring for me and is rarely worth the trouble of saving whoever a few bucks or tweaking something just the way THEY like it. If you keep it up, cool. I'll be here to give new mods a run. If you decide to call it quits, though, it's completely understandable. I don't NEED it. My hard keys work fine. I just like it. I'm a flashaholic in both ROMS as well as mods! Thanks again for all the effort!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
No. The framework you want to use must be decompiled and the changes made there. Its kinda hard to keep up with every nightly but I will be making them for select builds. May actually update it tomarrow but not sure yet. I haven't had a chance to flash a recent version yet

61 - 76 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.