Android OS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Developer
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for the Droid X on 1.9.23 ONLY.

For anyone who's tired of holding down the home button at lockscreen while using the torch - now you don't have to.

This mod will make your torch turn on and off with a single click of the home button while at lockscreen. NOTE: To prevent the torch from turning on in your pocket, I've disabled the home button while the screen is off. All 3 other buttons and the power button will still turn on the screen.

Download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11695745/DXC_TorchMod.zip

Instructions:
Flash like normal.
Wipe cache / dalvik-cache.

Enjoy.

Reactions: Ebidar

·
Android Developer
396 Posts
Works great!! DXC, you and Framework43 have turned this ROM into the best ROM for the DX, IMO!!!! Thanks for all your hard work!!!

·
Android Apprentice
25 Posts
Will it work on the latest miui.us gb kernel?

Sent from my DROIDX using RootzWiki Forums

·
Developer
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This won't work on defX, ill update it next chance I get

·
Average Android
118 Posts
Yup this is the light of lights. Hope this is the one you update as long as it is easy to do other wise don't worry bout it you already do enough for us. But this is the light just sayin.

Sent from my Droid X using my fingers.

·
Android Apprentice
34 Posts
I think it is a matter of opinion. I'm on the Defy base, so right now, If I hold my home button, the torch comes on until I release the home button. However, if I tap the home button again, it toggles the torch on, tap it again and the torch goes out. This is where it causes problems and I have picked up my phone and the torch is on. The tap feature should be taken out. I think the best method is hold the home button and the flashlight comes on, take the toggle out. That seems to be the most popular option. As far as the powering up the phone. I say leave it so that the home button powers the phone as well as the torch. Disable the other three buttons. This will make it so that the only buttons that power the phone are the home and power buttons.

I'm actually happy with it the way it is currently, but if it were to be changed, this would get my +1

Thanks as usual DXC!

·
Banned
92 Posts
I for one like the click method helps at night if my hands are full and trying to find a key hole etc. Sure I know I can just unlock the phone and click on it but that is just another step that can be taking out. I am all about shortcuts. I know everybody can't be pleased but this is just IMO. I have never onced reached into my pocket and had the light already be on. Thanks for giving us the users a say in this DXC speaks alot about your character. Kudos points for you bro!

·
Average Android
76 Posts
My vote is for toggle not hold but I would like it if I could turn the torch on with the home keys without having to turn the screen on first

Sent from my Droid X running MIUI 1.9.23

1 - 11 of 11 Posts