Android OS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Boot Themer
483 Posts
Hey everyone, NUNsLAUGHTER92 @ miui.us forums came up with this fix to enable sound during the bootanimation. Unfortunately, it involved about 5 steps, including editing a couple of system files and adding/replacing a couple others. Seemed like a lot of work to me so I made a little update zip to do it for you. This is for MIUI4DX 1.8.19, and will be updated when the weekly update pops up, as the build.prop changes with each version.

Instructions:
Flash in CWR (that was hard ;) )
Reboot and enjoy :)

To change the audio (I used the THX sound from old-school Apex), just rename any mp3 file to android_audio and copy to /data/local, replacing the existing file.

Download - 1.8.19

·
Android Lover
397 Posts
my boot ani sound works fine and is even changeable via theme mgr.

I didn't realize it wasn't working for others?

·
Boot Themer
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dvader said:
my boot ani sound works fine and is even changeable via theme mgr.

I didn't realize it wasn't working for others?
Idk, I was asked to find a fix by another user. I know on the previous versions it wasn't working right, and I haven't been running MIUI since 1.7.something, so when asked, I assumed it was still broken lol. I switched to MIUI long enough to test the zip, and didn't try to enable through theme manager. Regardless, I am going to make versions of this for CM7 and Liquid as well, so at least I didn't completely waste my time lol.

·
Android Lover
557 Posts
Yeah this was actually for when boot sounds weren't working for MIUI :p
But after.like the 3rd build they worked, I guess we didn't have the right bootanimation file in bin. I'm pretty sure we were just using one from CyanogenMod.
But anyway, this will work perfectly for any phone running CyanogenMod or a modded version of it :)

"Without man, there is no problem, no man no problem."

·
Boot Themer
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"NUNsLAUGHTER92 said:
Yeah this was actually for when boot sounds weren't working for MIUI :p
But after.like the 3rd build they worked, I guess we didn't have the right bootanimation file in bin. I'm pretty sure we were just using one from CyanogenMod.
But anyway, this will work perfectly for any phone running CyanogenMod or a modded version of it :)

"Without man, there is no problem, no man no problem."
Well, not this zip file exactly, it replaces the build.prop :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts