Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Developer
718 Posts
This is for the DROID X.

Currently supported version: 1.8.19 only

Many of you know that the Droid X is 2nd-init, and we are unable to replace its recovery permanently with clockwork. What this means is that, unlike on other MIUI devices, on the dx Power > Reboot > Recovery sends us to android standard recovery, which is almost entirely useless since you can't flash anything except signed update.zip's.

I took care of the issue, but instead of making the button send us to clockwork, I decided to just add a 5th option that will take you to clockwork. This way, you can boot to android standard recovery still if you want.

Also, you do NOT have to have rom manager installed, however, I designed this so that if you flash a new clockwork recovery version using rom manager, it will update the one used by the reboot menu as well. Not bad huh?

Get your fix: CLICK

Instructions: Put on SD Card and flash just like you would a rom. No need to wipe anything. First bootup after that may take a long time, don't panic!

Someone plz post a screenshot if possible.

Reactions: Ebidar

·
Developer
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I'm looking into the screenshot bug later today.

·
Android Lover
125 Posts
Made me bootloop. pulled battery, still bootloop. data wipe still bootloop. SBF time. I was on 1.7.22.1

·
Android Apprentice
32 Posts
DRTMI said:
Made me bootloop. pulled battery, still bootloop. data wipe still bootloop. SBF time. I was on 1.7.22.1
+1... I'm on 1.7.22, guess it don't work on this release. Mine did the same thing, and yes SBF was required.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Developer
718 Posts
I should have said this is only good for current release (I'll update it if android policy changes again). I apologize to those of you who had to sbf.

·
Android Apprentice
32 Posts
droidxchat said:
I should have said this is only good for current release (I'll update it if android policy changes again). I apologize to those of you who had to sbf.
Not a problem, keep up the good work!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Developer
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you would like this mod for another version of miui, plz give me a link to that version and I'll have it done quick

·
Supporting Member
183 Posts
[quote name='"droidxchat"']If you would like this mod for another version of miui, plz give me a link to that version and I'll have it done quick[/QUOE]

http://roms.miui.us/

The newest version 1.8.26 will be available at the above site in the next 24hrs. If you could mod it so we can keep the cwm reboot, it would be wonderful. Thanks for all you do.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts