Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
boot loop engineer
96 Posts
AOKP build 17 only. Download and Kang info below.

Here is a fun mod. Horizontal app switching with extra-large thumbnails for that WebOS-like feel. Currently for AOKP only, but should be an easy port.

I take no responsibility for your broken a$s phone. Enjoy

Download (AOKP Build 17 Only)

Kang Info for Developers and Modders:

status_bar_recent_item
Code:
<br />
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><br />
<FrameLayout android:paddingLeft="@dimen/status_bar_recents_item_padding" android:paddingRight="@dimen/status_bar_recents_item_padding" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent"<br />
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"><br />
	<RelativeLayout android:layout_gravity="center_vertical" android:id="@id/recent_item" android:paddingTop="@android:dimen/status_bar_height" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_centerInParent="true"><br />
		<FrameLayout android:id="@id/app_thumbnail" android:background="@drawable/recents_thumbnail_bg" android:visibility="invisible" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginLeft="5.0dip" android:foreground="@drawable/recents_thumbnail_fg" android:layout_centerInParent="true"><br />
			<ImageView android:id="@id/app_thumbnail_image" android:layout_width="170.0dip" android:layout_height="210.0dip" /><br />
			<ImageView android:id="@id/app_icon" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginLeft="@dimen/status_bar_recents_app_icon_left_margin" android:layout_marginTop="0.0dip" android:scaleType="centerInside" android:adjustViewBounds="true" android:maxWidth="@dimen/status_bar_recents_app_icon_max_width" android:maxHeight="@dimen/status_bar_recents_app_icon_max_height" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" android:layout_alignParentTop="true" /><br />
		</FrameLayout><br />
		<TextView android:textSize="@dimen/status_bar_recents_app_label_text_size" android:textColor="@color/status_bar_recents_app_label_color" android:ellipsize="marquee" android:id="@id/app_label" android:paddingTop="0.0dip" android:fadingEdge="horizontal" android:fadingEdgeLength="@dimen/status_bar_recents_fading_edge_length" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_recents_app_label_width" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_marginLeft="@dimen/status_bar_recents_app_label_left_margin" android:layout_marginTop="160.0dip" android:scrollHorizontally="true" android:singleLine="true" android:layout_below="@id/app_thumbnail" android:layout_alignLeft="@id/app_thumbnail" android:layout_alignParentBottom="true" /><br />
		<TextView android:textSize="@dimen/status_bar_recents_app_description_text_size" android:ellipsize="marquee" android:id="@id/app_description" android:fadingEdge="horizontal" android:fadingEdgeLength="@dimen/status_bar_recents_fading_edge_length" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_recents_app_label_width" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginLeft="@dimen/status_bar_recents_app_label_left_margin" android:layout_marginTop="60.0dip" android:scrollHorizontally="true" android:singleLine="true" android:layout_below="@id/app_label" android:layout_alignLeft="@id/app_thumbnail" android:layout_alignParentBottom="true" /><br />
	</RelativeLayout><br />
</FrameLayout><br />
status_bar_recent_panel
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><br />
<com.android.systemui.recent.RecentsPanelView android:id="@id/recents_root" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent"<br />
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"><br />
	<FrameLayout android:id="@id/recents_bg_protect" android:background="@drawable/status_bar_recents_background" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_centerVertical="true"><br />
		<com.android.systemui.recent.RecentsHorizontalScrollView android:layout_gravity="bottom|left|center" android:id="@id/recents_container" android:scrollbars="none" android:fadingEdge="vertical" android:fadingEdgeLength="@android:dimen/status_bar_height" android:clipChildren="false" android:clipToPadding="false" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginRight="0.0dip" android:stackFromBottom="true" android:divider="@null"><br />
			<LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/recents_linear_layout" android:clipChildren="false" android:clipToPadding="false" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" /><br />
		</com.android.systemui.recent.RecentsHorizontalScrollView><br />
	</FrameLayout><br />
	<include android:id="@id/recents_no_apps" android:visibility="invisible" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" layout="@layout/status_bar_no_recent_apps" /><br />
</com.android.systemui.recent.RecentsPanelView><br />
bools
Code:
<bool name="config_recents_thumbnail_image_fits_to_xy">true</bool><br />
dimens
Code:
<dimen name="status_bar_recents_thumbnail_width">170.0dip</dimen><br />
<dimen name="status_bar_recents_thumbnail_height">210.0dip</dimen><br />

·
Android Apprentice
71 Posts
Only thing we could ask for to add to this would be higher res and larger images
I'm sure that'll be pretty complicated though. Good luck and nice work man!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks so much for this! I love it.

I've only encountered one bug, which is when you press the multitasking button while there are no recent apps open, the screen fails to darken and it just overlaps the "no recent apps" text over your current screen, which looks slightly ugly.

·
Android Beginner
160 Posts
Now if we could only get rid of the multi-tasking button and make it pop up with a swipe up from the bezel...

·
Serial Flasher (of ROMS&#33;)
377 Posts
Now if we could only get rid of the multi-tasking button and make it pop up with a swipe up from the bezel...
There's a built-in option in ROM Control in AOKP ROM to lose the Recent Apps button in place of the Search button. Recent Apps works by holding Home instead like it should be..

·
Android Beginner
160 Posts
There's a built-in option in ROM Control in AOKP ROM to lose the Recent Apps button in place of the Search button. Recent Apps works by holding Home instead like it should be..
Ah, I did not know that, I'll be sure to check it out. My comment was more of a homage to webos with the swipe up from the bezel bit...

·
Android Apprentice
71 Posts
I find having the dedicated multitasking button quite nice actually. I use to have my search key press linked to a multitasking app in cm7 because holding down on the home button seemed to degrade androids superior multitasking abilities. To each his own I suppose though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 106 Posts