Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Great idea here urban. I make a minimal nav bar mod due to hating the size but gonna give this a shot. May be hard to get used to no nav bar though. Its definitely a pain keeping up with all the new roms and versions coming down the pipe. Sucks that these mods have to be made specific to the rom and version. I guess the bright side is it probably wont be long till these features are included.

Sent from my DROIDX using RootzWiki

·
Wannabe Dev/Themer
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Great idea here urban. I make a minimal nav bar mod due to hating the size but gonna give this a shot. May be hard to get used to no nav bar though. Its definitely a pain keeping up with all the new roms and versions coming down the pipe. Sucks that these mods have to be made specific to the rom and version. I guess the bright side is it probably wont be long till these features are included.

Thanks! I've found LMT to be very easy to get use to. Actually so much so that I might have to remove the nav bar from my gnex as I keep reaching for the edge of the screen for my buttons lol.

Hopefully most of these roms will add the remove nav bar once it gets integrated. Luckily it is an easy edit but it is kind of a pain to go download a whole rom just to make a switch from "true" to "false" in the framework lol. Maybe I'll add in the OP to get me the framework-res.apk if you want the edit on a different rom!

·
Wannabe Dev/Themer
591 Posts
After flashing this mod, I lost notification bar as well as navigation bar, also I get notification pop up that says system UI has stopped
Wow. So apparently my mods aren't working for anyone other than me? Funny thing is this is a framework edit so I'm not sure why it is causing systemui problems. It's not even an extensive edit... One line from true to false. Stumped.

Doubt it's my tools either, a my girl and I can run all my edits lol.

Edit: downloading bamf now to give.it's.shot

Edit 2: looks like bamf doesn't like no nav bar lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
Registered
542 Posts
Edit 2: looks like bamf doesn't like no nav bar lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
Well BAMF has split the framework.jar into 2 files so may possibly have something to do with it. Not entirely sure tho. It makes no sense to me as why it would cause system UI problems. I'll take the framework and try to edit the nav bar size and see if it works that way if you'd like. Would need a tester since I'm not running it right now

·
Wannabe Dev/Themer
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Well BAMF has split the framework.jar into 2 files so may possibly have something to do with it. Not entirely sure tho. It makes no sense to me as why it would cause system UI problems. I'll take the framework and try to edit the nav bar size and see if it works that way if you'd like. Would need a tester since I'm not running it right now
That is interesting. You're probably right about that being the issue.

I'd say if you've got the time and wanna try it out go for it and get it to [background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]4DFL4[/background]

·
Android Apprentice
40 Posts
Yeah I can test it for you, or you can tell me what line to edit, I could try that too, any way thanks for help.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.