Android OS Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks! I've found LMT to be very easy to get use to. Actually so much so that I might have to remove the nav bar from my gnex as I keep reaching for the edge of the screen for my buttons lol.

Hopefully most of these roms will add the remove nav bar once it gets integrated. Luckily it is an easy edit but it is kind of a pain to go download a whole rom just to make a switch from "true" to "false" in the framework lol. Maybe I'll add in the OP to get me the framework-res.apk if you want the edit on a different rom!
This is probably a dumb question but where do I find the framework-res.apk. I'm using the rom from above. He just updated.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
542 Posts
This is probably a dumb question but where do I find the framework-res.apk. I'm using the rom from above. He just updated.

Adb pull /system/framework/framework-res.apk
Or you can manually get it by navigating to the corresponding folder and copy/paste to the desired folder
Sent from my DROIDX using RootzWiki

·
Flash Addict
960 Posts
I don't know if anyone has posted the framework-red.apk (sorry i dont have time to read all the posts right now) for codename android 3.0.0? Anyway here it is I would love to get rid of the nav bar

http://db.tt/73PZZHc3

·
Registered
2 Posts
Love LMT and no soft buttons on my gnex... want on my n7 now. would it be possible for u to post your edits with in framework-res.apk, to what .xml files and what tools you use?

A short tutorial... step 1, 2, 3, etc, as you may.

Many Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is a great thread!

If it's not a lot of trouble, I'd like to know your edits and to which xml files. I'm trying to switch the "back" nav button with the "recent apps", but I may just end up getting rid of the nav completely

·
Wannabe Dev/Themer
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
This is a great thread!

If it's not a lot of trouble, I'd like to know your edits and to which xml files. I'm trying to switch the "back" nav button with the "recent apps", but I may just end up getting rid of the nav completely
Removing the navigation can be done at least 2 ways. Changing showNavigation to false in values/bools.xml or navigation height and width in dimens.xml. To swap the buttons I think it's in layout/navigation_bar.xml

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
Android Advocate
116 Posts
I think this is exactly what I've been looking for. I use my Nexus 7 to play Onlive, but the Onlive app doesn't get rid of the soft keys so they sit there, staring me in the face while I try to shoot things. I like my stock N7 (unlocked and rooted of course), so I'm glad I can get what I'm looking for (no nav keys) without flashing a rom.

Will try this out when I get home tonight. Never played with LMT, so should be fun. Thanks OP!

Edit: One thing I don't understand is this:

Guess I could have been more clear, good call. I'm still odexed. Completely stock other than unlocking, rooting and the 2 mods I've posted!

Edit: loving lmt on the N7 but not a huge fan on the GNex. Allowing lmt on both sides of the screen makes navigation waaaay easier for me at least

Sent from my Nexus 7 using RootzWiki
What is odexed v. deodexed? All I've done is unlock and root my N7, so I guess I'd still be odexed and this should run fine?

Also, haven't tried it yet, but how do you get the keys to appear? Just swipe from the sides? Thanks again!

·
Wannabe Dev/Themer
591 Posts
I think this is exactly what I've been looking for. I use my Nexus 7 to play Onlive, but the Onlive app doesn't get rid of the soft keys so they sit there, staring me in the face while I try to shoot things. I like my stock N7 (unlocked and rooted of course), so I'm glad I can get what I'm looking for (no nav keys) without flashing a rom.

Will try this out when I get home tonight. Never played with LMT, so should be fun. Thanks OP!

Edit: One thing I don't understand is this:

What is odexed v. deodexed? All I've done is unlock and root my N7, so I guess I'd still be odexed and this should run fine?

Also, haven't tried it yet, but how do you get the keys to appear? Just swipe from the sides? Thanks again!
Odexed is how everything comes by default. From what I understand it basically pulls some files into a .odex file that gets pre-loaded by the os.

If you're completely stock then this is for you!

The nav keys in the screen shot are LMT. Just Google lmt apk and it should show up in a forum somewhere
Edit: there is a link in the op for lmt

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

·
Android Advocate
116 Posts
So, like others, installing the mod has borked things pretty bad. My N7 won't finish booting (left it at boot animation for 20 minutes) and I can't access recovery. I can boot into the bootloader, selecting recovery just gets me stuck at the Google logo. If I plug in the USB cable to my computer then the bootloader freezes so I can't even use the volume rocker to select recovery.

Help?

Edit: Nevermind... went through fastboot stuff and got clockwork mod to boot finally.

Any tips on how to install the mod without the resulting booting issues?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there,

I am a complete noob to android, as well as rooting and basically everything. Really the only reason I rooted my device (Nexus 7) was to get LMT on it and completely remove the nav bar. That should be an option for the unrooted version of android in my opinion.
I found your mod, but I literally have no idea where to even start when it comes to installing it. And the more I try to read about what could be neccessary, the more confused I get. I don't know what the difference between a mod and a theme is, if you need a rom or basically, anything.
All I currently have at hands is an usb cable and the windows explorer.
Since I don't ever want to use anything else but this, and don't want to study online guides for hours without even knowing what is useful and what not, I would really appreciate it if you could give me a quick overview of what I need for your mod, and how I install it.

Greetings,

golem

EDIT
PROBLEM SOLVED.

I still have no clue how to do this, but thankfully I found an app that does exactly the same, and works for android 4.1 and my Nexus 7
For anyone interested:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1497558
On page 73 are fresh download links for V1, pre android 4.1 and V2 for Android 4.1
It was made for Samsung Nexus, but works on the Google N7 as well.
Just don't forget to install LMT before, and restart after installing FullScreenToggle.apk.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts