Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
So with complete thanks and praise to dreamsforgotten for this vanilla GB mod located here. This mod worked on the rom out of the box. But signal bar reporting was broken on our device (since it was made for the nexus s4g on sprint). So I only credit myself for finding the proper smali edits to get the signal bars to work with our (fascinate) build of Vanilla AOSP Gingerbread from jt1134 located here.

+Text Version.

Credits:
dreamsforgotten -for the whole original mod.
notta -For fixing my shit!
jt1134 -for doing what he does and bringing a no bullshit AOSP build to the fascinate.
BrwnSuperman -For the screen caps and IRC testings.
sbrissen, nitsuj17, OMJ and all the peeps at #teamsbrissenmod (freenode-irc) that let me lurk and learn.
*special note* kudos to sbrissen, because after staring at smali shit for 4 hours. I can't even fathom the eye problems he must have from bringing the awesome mods he does to our device.

****080411**** OK lets try this again. So notta was kind enough to fix a major bulk of the issues with the USB screen mount screen and usb icon and sync icon in the taskbar. But after looking at the images in the apk I realized that the wifi, sound toggle and rotation ids were still wrong and used the awesome tip from dreamsforgotten and figured out the wrong ids and made the proper smali edits.

****080511am**** Just tested on V3 080411 build. And all is well.
****080511pm**** Added version with text (credit notta on this one). Also sound image smali fixed for all vibrate/sound profiles.
****080811pm**** Fixed USB storage mount (only on no text version at the moment)

************KNOWN ISSUES************
There should be none now. Keep me posted.

Flash at your own risk.... bla bla bla......
Don't flash within same cwm session as rom. (flash rom, boot, flash mod)
Flash in cwm (don't 3 finger) and enjoy.
THIS IS ONLY FOR VANILLA GINGERBREAD BUILD GRJ90 080411 FOR THE VZW FASCINATE by: jt1134.

*Pro Tip* DO NOT flash this if you have flashed a theme already. And if you flash a theme that does not have this incorporated into it after flashing this, it will be overwritten.

Themers - if you use this mod PLEASE give credit to where it is due (dreamsforgotten, notta and me :p ).

0805_ToggleMod_For_VGB_V3.zip
0805_ToggleMod+text_For VGB_V3.zip

0808_ToggleMod_For_VGB_V4.zip

good day.

·
Android Junky
121 Posts
Awesome work

Sent from my SCH-I500 using RootzWiki Forums

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unfortunately this will not work with v4. I found an error in the usb mount ability. Will look into it after work.

good day.

·
Android Apprentice
78 Posts
It seems to be working for the basics... I installed Vanilla 4 a few hours ago and then installed the pulldown and the basic features (wi-fi, sound, gps) seem fine.

Edit - I see what you mean now... I get an error when I connect via USB to the PC.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
eibbed0001 said:
It seems to be working for the basics... I installed Vanilla 4 a few hours ago and then installed the pulldown and the basic features (wi-fi, sound, gps) seem fine.

Edit - I see what you mean now... I get an error when I connect via USB to the PC.
USB mount issues fixed. new file in op.

good day.

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
The only odd thing I'm seeing is the notification icon when the USB is connected now shows as 4g... other than that this is sweet ... thanks!

EDIT: .. and the GPS lock flashes between the reticle (unfill) to the download arrow while locking on.

·
Android Beginner
42 Posts
would it be possible to make a mod to add in the stock gingerbread slider unlock screen? :) great work with this mod by the way.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
"Jtommyj said:
I'm using it with V6 with no problems.
Just make sure USB mount screen is good. Tbh I'm using a different rom now and really did this out of necessity for myself. But if it is still working cool.

good day.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts