Android OS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Thought Police
236 Posts
All that follows is by SDX-developer DRockstar as it is written in his post on SDX;

Standard disclaimer: I think you guys know the deal by now. I am not responsible for anything you do, don't do, don't read, or brick.

If you are already rooted and have ClockworkMod installed, you just need to upgrade CWM.

This is an updated and refreshed One Click Root based off Dameon87's 3.0.0.6 version here (originally based off work from noobnl and firon). It has been updated and fixed by myself (Rodderik) and DRockstar.

Huge credit goes to DRockstar. Without his persistence and hard work we would not have a new working recovery image. He spent many hours fixing and testing the image after bugging koush to compile a ROM Manager compatible, dual file system recovery. Credit also goes to the noobnl and firon for the original one click root scripts, koush for giving us a new better recovery, Dameon87 for his one click changes and EXT4 conversion script, and any other contributors I may have missed.

Includes:
Dual file system support (RFS & EXT4)
New ClockworkMod (v3.0.2.5)
koush's latest hacked adbd
Superuser.apk (v2.3.6.1)
busybox (v1.18.0.git)
su (v2.3.1-ef)
Switched to bmlwrite for flashing
Added scripts for mounting UMS (by DRockstar)
FIXED REDIRECTOR!!!
Rom Manager Compatible
Works properly on Mac OSX

Tested with EC05 (Froyo), EB13 (Froyo), and DI18 (Eclair)
Works on: Windows, Linux, and Mac OSX
For future reference the rageagainstthecage root exploit has been patched in Gingerbread. Refer to DRockstar's post on Gingerbreak for rooting Gingerbread (this also works on the Epic running Froyo)

Instructions:

Windows
1. Extract zip to a folder
2. Ensure phone is in usb debugging mode and connected to your computer
3. Run the run.bat
4. Follow on screen instructions

Linux
3. Open a terminal and navigate to the unzipped folder
4. Type: chmod 777 run.sh
5. Type: ./run.sh
6. Follow on screen instructions

Mac OSX
3. Open a terminal and navigate to the unzipped folder
4. Type: chmod 777 run.sh
5. Type: ./run.sh
6. Follow on screen instructions

Notes:
1. Button mappings are slightly different from older versions of CWM. Volume buttons = Up and Down, Power or Camera = Enter, Capacitive Back = Back. Capacitive Home also works as enter but not correctly from the main menu so if you hit it and the screen disappears hit Capacitive Home again or Capacitive Back to bring it back.
2. KNOWN ISSUE: When invoked, reboot recovery requires a re-plug of the usb cable for adb to work again. Simply unplug the usb cable and plug it back in.
3. If the script does not reboot your phone at the end please run the script again. If it still doesn't work reboot the phone and run the script again.
4. USB Mass Storage can be mounted from inside of recovery. 'adb shell' into the phone and type 'mountums' MAKE SURE YOU SAFELY REMOVE/EJECT BEFORE RUNNING 'umountums' to safely unmount sdcard.

Download: http://devphone.org/files/epic4g/oneclickroot/OneClickRootCWM3.0.2.5-EC05.zip

EXT4 Conversion (and RFS soon):
If you want to convert to EXT4 you can use this script from Dameon87. There are two ways you can use it. Please read the all the steps below before attempting conversion. Failure to read all the steps ahead of time and putting all the files needed on your sdcard can result in an unbootable device. This is only for Froyo (DK28, EB13, EC05, etc) right now. A better way to convert between RFS and EXT4 will be coming soon.
1. Follow the steps above to get root and the new ClockworkMod 3.0.2.5
2. Perform a backup in CWM (backup and restore>Backup)
3. Flash oneclick_ext4converter.zip and wait for it complete (install zip from sdcard>choose zip from sdcard>oneclick_ext4converter.zip>Yes)
4a. Restore your nandroid backup (backup and restore>Restore)
4b. Flash a new rom (install zip from sdcard>choose zip from sdcard>[New_Rom.zip]>Yes)
5. If the kernel does not support EXT4 (example the stock kernel) then flash an EXT4 compatible kernel (install zip from sdcard>choose zip from sdcard>[New_Kernel.zip]>Yes)
6. (Optional) If you installed a new rom you can do an Advanced Restore to restore just your data but I wouldn't recommend it if you don't have to. (backup and restore>Advanced Restore>[Select your backup]>Restore Data)
7. If flashing a new rom or kernel did not reboot your device then now you may reboot (reboot system now)

Download: http://devphone.org/files/epic4g/oneclickroot/OneClickRootCWM3.0.2.5-EC05.zip

·
Android Apprentice
17 Posts
Brett,

I am rooting a friends Epic after having rooted my thunderbolt your thread seems the easiest to use. Other than the one download file you have linked are there any other files that I need?

·
Average Android
431 Posts
I am also rooting an Epic for a friend. Do I still need to download Clockwork Mod.

Will this file ROOT AND install recovery?

Just want to be extra cautious since I am doing this for someone else.

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.