Android OS Forum banner
81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
do you recommend a full wipe between updating roms/builds? or just flash right on top?
I dirty flashed the previous (build you're running) to the latest due to lack of time today...
Might clean flash due to my OCD later...but I've had zero problems.

That means builds at 12:45ish rather than 3:30ish.

Edit:
All builds and mods up.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
The 9/28 Center Lockscreen mod caused a bootloop on Steve Spear's latest toro test build.
I didn't intend for it to work on any build but my own.
I'm making a new test to be released tomorrow morning that will have the usual mods.

Edit:
New toro up...and center mod.

Read OP for details.

·
Herp Derp
286 Posts
I didn't intend for it to work on any build but my own.
I'm making a new test to be released tomorrow morning that will have the usual mods.

Edit:
New toro up...and center mod.

Read OP for details.
YES! anxiously waiting on toroplus.

oh, before i forget, remember when i told you i had bootlooping issues when setting multiple things? - it's because i'm slow and forgot that auto brightness setting are borked so trying to set them (every time as a first setting to tinker with) was the cause of my bootloops, not the rom itself. i feel like an idiot.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
YES! anxiously waiting on toroplus.

oh, before i forget, remember when i told you i had bootlooping issues when setting multiple things? - it's because i'm slow and forgot that auto brightness setting are borked so trying to set them (every time as a first setting to tinker with) was the cause of my bootloops, not the rom itself. i feel like an idiot.
At class...but it should be done between this and the next class.
Aka an hour and I'll head home and upload since you're waiting.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Okie.
Maguro and all that jazz are up.

Mods too.

Grouper: Currently won't build from source.
You end up with a TOTALLY wonky device with no bootanimation and will only load anything graphically in landscape.
Tomorrow for grouper, maybe...meaning it'll be ahead of the rest of us for once =]

·
Herp Derp
286 Posts
hrmmmm ... mine does not.

nevermind, off with power button gives me the CRT off animation, however using the screen off and lock app does not - which is not your problem, running flawlessly by the way.

thank you.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I know this is a fairly substantial request, but is there any chance at all that you could include Paranoid Android settings (the DPI stuff) with your cherry picks? I always thought changing DPI was a silly idea until I played around with DPI today to try to see if it would allow me to purchase the newly released TomTom app, and I'm actually liking 240 a lot. There's certain things I'd like to have at 320, but I can't leave AOKP because Paranoid is missing far too many features I rely on (LED with screen on, Nav Bar ring targets, etc) AOKP with Paranoid and Center lockscreen would be absolutely perfect, and people who don't want to mess with it can just ignore it.

BTW, I use Toro. I'd donate if you didn't adamantly refuse them...

Sent from my ThinkPad Tablet using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
I know this is a fairly substantial request, but is there any chance at all that you could include Paranoid Android settings (the DPI stuff) with your cherry picks? I always thought changing DPI was a silly idea until I played around with DPI today to try to see if it would allow me to purchase the newly released TomTom app, and I'm actually liking 240 a lot. There's certain things I'd like to have at 320, but I can't leave AOKP because Paranoid is missing far too many features I rely on (LED with screen on, Nav Bar ring targets, etc) AOKP with Paranoid and Center lockscreen would be absolutely perfect, and people who don't want to mess with it can just ignore it.

BTW, I use Toro. I'd donate if you didn't adamantly refuse them...

Sent from my ThinkPad Tablet using Tapatalk 2
I think it would be a fun project...if I actually new how to code =/
I'm not a developer in the slightest sense.
Sorry man; truly. I would if I could.

But...due to your post.
I actually tried 240 (something I've very very lightly touched a while back...but never even ran it for a day) and am liking it.
I then found odd lines on the dialer...and switched to 241 (I've heard that's the most popular "bug free" dimension, yeah?) and it fixed that.

81 - 100 of 103 Posts