Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Former #1 troll.
1,465 Posts
This is more a proof of concept i have been working on since yesterday. I love aosp roms but i hate the lockscreens, sense 3.0 is where its at. I stumbled upon a new lockscreen that may be ported into the cm7 roms soon. Its a honeycomb sytle lock. It is available in the OMFGB nightlies only.

I basically modded the framework.res with png's i found from the miui & widgetlocker sense 3.0 lockscreen themes. As you can see from my screenshots this looks very similar to the sense lockscreen. The only thing it will not have is the 4 shortcuts.

Now i need some testers and some modders to help me out in porting this from OMFGB to other aosp roms such as cm7 & liquid. I am a themer, not a coder. As you can see from my screenshots i cannot get the ring to recess at the bottom and when you go to unlock it cuts the top of the ring off. This is where i need help, i believe a resource file or xml in the framework needs to be modded, i cannot do this.

To me this has huge potential, we could possibly even port custom rings over like we have for sense roms.

*Credits go to whoever created this honeycomb lockscreen and to the makers of OMFGB.

Lets see what we can do with this guys. Pm me if you feel you can help finish off this mod.

View attachment 1053

http://imageshack.us/g/560/snap20110814101033.png/

R2doesinc is now taking over where i left off. If you feel you can help out, please contact us.

Attachments

·
Lurker
111 Posts
Agile lock in the market works on aosp doesn't it?

·
Android Apprentice
68 Posts
I can't get agile to work well, it originally would give me sleep of death requiring a battery pull. Update works but lets me see android lockscreen for a couple seconds.

·
Former #1 troll.
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no offense to the dev but the app sucks. this thread is not about recommending 3rd party apps but to make a real port happen. miui has it and so should we.

·
Former #1 troll.
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bimmer323 said:
Agile gave me the sleep of death as well.
Would be cool if this could be done.

Sent from my CM7 Mecha.....
i think it can be added to cm7 as the rom offers several types of lockscreens. we just need a dev to port it over.

·
Average Android
115 Posts
fixxxer2012 said:
i think it can be added to cm7 as the rom offers several types of lockscreens. we just need a dev to port it over.
Although it sounds simple when you say it like this, it is not simple. There is much more to it then you would think and in fact most people on AOSP hate sense so that makes chances even slimmer. I am all for possibility though so if someone want's to pick it up I woulnever tell them to stop.

·
Average Android
201 Posts
MIUI has a very customizable lockscreen. It would be totally different to have it on stock than to have it on MIUI. No code was changed for it to work on MIUI. Just a theme file created.

Sent from my ADR6400L

·
Former #1 troll.
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tanknspank said:
MIUI has a very customizable lockscreen. It would be totally different to have it on stock than to have it on MIUI. No code was changed for it to work on MIUI. Just a theme file created.

Sent from my ADR6400L
i don't think a this kind of theme can happen for the aosp lockscreen.

·
Former #1 troll.
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Spencer_Moore said:
Although it sounds simple when you say it like this, it is not simple. There is much more to it then you would think and in fact most people on AOSP hate sense so that makes chances even slimmer. I am all for possibility though so if someone want's to pick it up I woulnever tell them to stop.
i don't want sense, i want the lockscreen.

·
BAMF wh0re
617 Posts
"Spencer_Moore said:
Spencer u should port....its been a while since u done ne deving but u rocked it on the Eris. Hehehe.

Sent from my Gingeritis 3D using RootzWiki Forums

·
Fighting Fraud
267 Posts
It is possible but not really likely to happen because it is intertwined heavily with sense. In other words you would need to port over more aspects than just the lockscreen to make it work.

·
Former #1 troll.
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dstu03 said:
It is possible but not really likely to happen because it is intertwined heavily with sense. In other words you would need to port over more aspects than just the lockscreen to make it work.
well then maybe a dev can make an elaborate theme like miui has. either way, it's the best looking lockscreen out there.

·
Former #1 troll.
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BennyJr said:
It can be done. Just like the OMFGB guys got the honeycomb lockscreen on the rom.
interesting, got a link to that? as i said i believe this can be done if someone puts their minds to it. it's not like having the sense lockscreen will take away the aosp feel. it's just a kick ass lockscreen. ill donate $20 to the first who gets it done.

·
Former #1 troll.
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
just saw the OMFG honeycomb lockscreen, if we could place the ring their it would be close to the sense lockscreen. im gonna look into it.

·
Developer
229 Posts
fixxxer2012 said:
just saw the OMFG honeycomb lockscreen, if we could place the ring their it would be close to the sense lockscreen. im gonna look into it.
Its images at that point. The honeycomb concept lockscreen is so similar to the sense 3.0 style lockscreen, its just pulling the lock up to the ring. You could change the images to make the lock a ring, and the actual ring that unlocks it, transparent.

·
Former #1 troll.
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
DRod2169 said:
Its images at that point. The honeycomb concept lockscreen is so similar to the sense 3.0 style lockscreen, its just pulling the lock up to the ring. You could change the images to make the lock a ring, and the actual ring that unlocks it, transparent.
yeah i know, i downloaded OMFG and edited the framework.res with elements of the sense 3.0 lockscreen. looked pretty good but i could not get the ring to look right on it. plus the fact i run liquid, so i guess i need to wait until this new lockscreen is merged with cm7.

if anybody wants to give it a go, by all means go for it.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts