Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
BAMF wh0re
617 Posts
This will make the folders transparent. Very simple MOD. Should work with any ROM. Has been tested with stock and BAMF.

Thank you Adrynalyne & rhcp for help on getting this to work with our N7 and thanks to nhat for testing this.

I have included a zip to put it back to stock if you dont like it. As always, make a NAND before and I am not responsible if your N7 blows up after flashing this.

Instructions:

Reboot into recovery
Wipe cache & dalvik
Flash zip and enjoy

DOWNLOAD LINKS BELOW

Transparent folders
Stock folders

Screenie

·
BAMF wh0re
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why doesn't it work with TWRP? I wasn't aware they flashed roms differently
Has to do with a few things. The way the script is ran from vrtheme. rhcp said that it needed to be static for it to work on twrp which it is not. rhcp has been working on getting this fix in twrp so that it will work. In the mean time, you can just boot to cwmr to flash the zip. Thats what I do each time I flash a new ROM. I love TWRP too much to switch just for my MODS. And booting to cwmr will not over write your TWRP recovery.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Has to do with a few things. The way the script is ran from vrtheme. rhcp said that it needed to be static for it to work on twrp which it is not. rhcp has been working on getting this fix in twrp so that it will work. In the mean time, you can just boot to cwmr to flash the zip. Thats what I do each time I flash a new ROM. I love TWRP too much to switch just for my MODS. And booting to cwmr will not over write your TWRP recovery.
I like TWRP too. So much I never installed CWM. Guess I will now - just need to figure out the least painful way. :) Thanks

·
BAMF wh0re
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like TWRP too. So much I never installed CWM. Guess I will now - just need to figure out the least painful way. :) Thanks
You dont have to install it. Just fastboot it. Do this. Have your USB plug in and the CWM img in your adb directory. Then [background=rgb(251, 248, 244)]adb reboot bootloader. Once in fastboot then do [/background][background=rgb(251, 248, 244)]fastboot boot imgnamehere. This will do a temp boot into CWM. After you clear cache and dalvik, flash the zip. Then reboot. You will still have TWRP as ur main recovery. I will add the steps to the first post as well.[/background]

·
Registered
83 Posts
You dont have to install it. Just fastboot it. Do this. Have your USB plug in and the CWM img in your adb directory. Then [background=rgb(251, 248, 244)]adb reboot bootloader. Once in fastboot then do [/background][background=rgb(251, 248, 244)]fastboot boot imgnamehere. This will do a temp boot into CWM. After you clear cache and dalvik, flash the zip. Then reboot. You will still have TWRP as ur main recovery. I will add the steps to the first post as well.[/background]
Cool, I'll try that tonight. I installed CWM, flashed the rom and back to twrp. Transparent folders look great! Thanks for making this.

Edit: Tried your method after flashing a fresh Paranoidandroid rom(and after I fooled with it a little). Method worked great, however the mod didn't stick with this rom. Oh well, at least I learned something new today.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I made a modification to the zip. If anybody would prefer this, I'll have droidkevlar post the zip in the OP. The only difference is the homescreen folders will have a transparent background while an opened folder will show the black background.

·
BAMF wh0re
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I made a modification to the zip. If anybody would prefer this, I'll have droidkevlar post the zip in the OP. The only difference is the homescreen folders will have a transparent background while an opened folder will show the black background.
Mod, plz delete this guy, he is jacking my thread.

ya, just put a link to your zip and i will add it to the first post.

·
BAMF wh0re
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Just checked mine and it already does this...or am I missing something

sent from my 7 bulge in my pants

·
Android Beginner
779 Posts
I just had to say thanks for this I have no idea how i didn't know this could be done. Great info to have.
Am I right in assuming I can do this with a boot.img also?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

·
BAMF wh0re
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cool, I'll try that tonight. I installed CWM, flashed the rom and back to twrp. Transparent folders look great! Thanks for making this.

Edit: Tried your method after flashing a fresh Paranoidandroid rom(and after I fooled with it a little). Method worked great, however the mod didn't stick with this rom. Oh well, at least I learned something new today.
Hmm...Ill have to try and rem to look at that ROMs files and see. I did put a new file up that works with twrp...did you try that one?

·
Android Beginner
76 Posts
Is there any way to get this to work on Apex or Nova launchers

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.