Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 565 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Here is my release of WebCM9/10 - a WebOS like App Switcher.

Supported roms:
  • CM10 03/04/13-?
  • Schizoid 03/06/13
  • CM9 Nightly 03/03/13-?
    Files for older roms can be found in the archive
WebCM9/10 will probably not work on any other roms (including the uninstallers).
Only 120dpi, 132dpi, and 160dpi are supported. Other DPI's will not look right.

WebCM10 in Action - thanks to RolandDeschain79 for creating the video

Make sure to create a backup in CWM or TWRP before flashing this.

Downloads:Flash with Clockworkmod or TWRP
If you'd like more detailed instructions check out ncinerate's write up.

Instructions for WebCM10 for Schizoid:

1. Flash zip in TWRP or Clockworkmod
2. Change these settings in Settings > Paranoid Settings > Apps > System UI:
  • Phablet mode (only 160 dpi is supported in this mode, make sure Force Tablet UI is unchecked in Settings > Rom Control > General UI):
  • Size: 160 dpi
  • Layout/UI: 600px
  • 160 dpi Tablet mode:
  • Size: 160 dpi
  • Layout/UI: 721px
  • 132 dpi Tablet mode:
  • Size: 132 dpi
  • Layout/UI: 900px
  • 120 dpi Tablet mode:
  • Size: 120 dpi
  • Layout/UI: 960px
3. Reboot after changing these settings
4. When you change from Tablet to Phablet or vice-versa you may get stuck on the boot animation.You'll have to force a reboot with the power + home button if this happens.

Known issues in WebCM10 for Schizoid:
Right side of thumbnails get cut off in Phablet mode due to the extra notification bar
Bottom of portrait thumbnails get cut off

Changes in WebCM10 for Schizoid:
Tablet mode rebuilt to support Schizoid (mainly overriding the AOKP bits)
Portrait is spaced correctly (as in PA)

Changes in WebCM10 for Paranoid Android 2.99:
Rebuilt from the ground up (again) to support PA (may also work in 4.2)
Portrait is now spaced correctly

Known issues in WebCM10:
Portrait is not spaced correctly
Bottom of portrait thumbnails get cut off

Changes in WebCM10 12/11
Added clear recents button

Changes in WebCM10
Rebuilt to support CM10

Changes in WebCM9 0.4
Switched back to dip from px, should increase performance and things scale better with dpi changes
Created separate layouts for 120, 132, and 160dpi (any other dpi may not look right)
Fixed stretched dismiss button at 120 and 132 dpi
Built this version in such a way where no original xml files are modified - new files are used (makes for much simpler porting)
Some layout fixes
AOKP support

Big thanks to Dubi for finding the file that controls the resolution of the thumbnails.

Other:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looks awesome. Cant wait for later builds.
I do miss some of the WebOS features, but ICS has some swipe stuff.
Keep it up.

·
Registered
304 Posts
nice!!!!!
bring back webos 8)

One suggestion for all "modders".
Same as I did with the hidebar thingy, Maybe it will be a good idea to add the changes (source code / xml / etc) into the post. so anyway can apply the same into their builds without affecting anything else.
There are a lot of people who are doing his own builds, and we are getting new nightly and official versions every day (every couple of weeks
)
so would make things easier.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice!!!!!
bring back webos 8)

One suggestion for all "modders".
Same as I did with the hidebar thingy, Maybe it will be a good idea to add the changes (source code / xml / etc) into the post. so anyway can apply the same into their builds without affecting anything else.
There are a lot of people who are doing his own builds, and we are getting new nightly and official versions every day (every couple of weeks
)
so would make things easier.

Yeah, I'll do that. Maybe pastebin or something would be best, don't want to clutter up the post too much.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Impressive! works nice at 132DPI - Thank you.

Just notice that this Mod may not be compatible with xport Batter Percentage Mod at at XDA http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1510890

When I flashed xport's Mod it killed your Mod. When I reflashed your mod it killed xport's.

Any thoughts?
That's the problem when replacing apks.
The Battery % mod will have some changes in the framework-res.apk, same as this one, so you can only have one.

That's what I though it will be nice to include the changes done each mod, so then we can mix them all together without loosing one or the other.

Btw, 0.2 looks really niceeeeeeeeee

We need to find something useful the swipe gestures, it's good to have like "down" to remove it from the list, but having to with the same function is kind of a waste of swipe 8) hehehehehehe

·
Registered
129 Posts
tbob, excellent work so far.

One thing I'd really like to see is a take on the card-stacking/grouping feature that webOS "switcher" function allowed for. Have you thought about this or attempted it?
Honestly I would not even know where to start. I am building this around functionality already built into ICS.The grouping in WebOS function is built on similar Windows/Browser Tabs, I don't think any app works like that on Android (I could be wrong). It would be cool though.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Will have to try this out when I get home.

Is there any way to make this a true 'Task Manager' in that it will only show active apps, or is it still going to be like ICS where some are active and some were just recently closed?

·
Registered
94 Posts

Is there any way to make this a true 'Task Manager' in that it will only show active apps, or is it still going to be like ICS where some are active and some were just recently closed?
well that depends on your definition of "closed application". Pretty sure in ICS show recents is pretty close to what your are suggesting though. If you swipe it off, you wont see it again on ur recent apps (unless of course you open it again).

Now swiping it off is actually "closing" or "killing them is a different story. But in other words, it does only show "active" apps. Maybe I'm not understanding your question. Please elaborate

·
Registered
304 Posts

This is just the ICS recent list but with a different layout. I think there is a maximum number of 20 entries in that list.
The entries you see in correspond to recent task, it doesn't matter if they are running or not.
The task will appear in the list until you decide to remove it (swipe up or down) or it get's replaced by another one.

It's not difficult to change the code to only show "active" task. Every time the form is displayed, the list is updated, so it just a matter of checking what is still "alive" before showing the list, but I'm not sure is worth the hassle. As bboy said the line between "active" and "dead" is quite vague
and I think it works quite well like this.

·
Android Beginner
19 Posts
Amazing job bro,keep working on it
hi there, can you or someone plz help me this? I am newbie here and have just installed ICS on my TP. But, I loved the multitasking feature of webos, so when I saw this I wanted to try this as well. I followed all the instructions, but I don't understand how can I make it work? Please help me.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
148 Posts
This is awesome. Thanks to everyone who worked on getting this figured out.

Is it possible to submit something like this for consideration to be built default into the standard Touchpad CM9 ROM? While I think most mods should be separate options, it seems to me something that makes our device run closer to its origins would really be a good thing to make standard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
too bad WebOS source isn't all out yet. would be nice to be able to see how they did it.
yea i would def like to see it fully back ported into android from original webos source but this is still pretty good start looking forward to seeing what happens from this

i would also like to see the webos beam tech similar to android beam back ported from webos to our touchpads i'd love to be able to take a call from my phone and answer it and respond like webos was able to do super cool

anyway keep up the good work

1 - 20 of 565 Posts