Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the latest and greatest EP1Q Gingerbread modems if anyone would like them. Use at your own risk blah blah. It takes a couple of minutes to flash the modems. Watch the progress bar on your phone and not the progress bar in odin. I did not test the modems on froyo.

Download EP1Q Modems: http://www.mediafire.com/?96cc17rha8a7o1a

·
Average Android
334 Posts
This solved the 4g/3g/1xrtt switching issue for me. Also boosted 4g and 3g signal strength indoors. Speed is fine too, 4g is the same but 3g actually nearly doubled. I have been noticing poor voice quality, as in I sometimes can't understand the other person but they can hear me fine. Makes them sound like they are on a really bad VOIP connection. I rarely talk on it though so no biggie.

·
Android Fanatic
195 Posts
"Jonstal said:
Has anyone tried this on froyo?
these modems work on froyo

·
Retired
259 Posts
Changed my phone number yesterday and the system was unable to activate my SIM. I had to flash back to EE4 for my phone to have voice and text, data would work on EPQ1. Once the SIM recorded the new number I flashed back to EPQ1 and all is good. Very strange.

·
Average Android
432 Posts
Jborch8 said:
Fails download in odin everytime

EDIT: Got it working
How'd you get yours working, Jborch? Mine has failed 3 times now. Downloaded 3 separate times too in case it was a faulty download.

This phone isnt activated yet. That shouldn't matter for updating firmware, right?

·
ROM Psycho
1,102 Posts
Loving this modem, today I had a max download speed of 26.50, tested again, hit almost 24DL and 4 UL.... NEVER have I hit a DL speed like that on EE4. Not to mention so much less searching and better data connectivity in general.

I know they (speed tests) dont always mean much, but now I am consistently between 10-14 during the day too. MUCH better than my past 6-8 average.

·
Android Beginner
19 Posts
ddemlong said:
Loving this modem, today I had a max download speed of 26.50, tested again, hit almost 24DL and 4 UL.... NEVER have I hit a DL speed like that on EE4. Not to mention so much less searching and better data connectivity in general.

I know they (speed tests) dont always mean much, but now I am consistently between 10-14 during the day too. MUCH better than my past 6-8 average.
I completely agree with you! I didn't know what to expect since it seems like people are having varying results with these modems. And I get horrible signal in my office at work. So I flashed these modems last night and WOW!!

Not only are my data speeds quicker, but I have a solid and stead 2 bars of 4G in my office, which is quite good compared to what I used to get. No more in and out and searching from what I can tell so far. I'm a very happy camper right now. :smile3:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts