483 Posts
Mod Type:: Mod

Difficulty:: Very Easy

Mod Status:: Stable

Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Requires Root:: Yes

Source::
OK folks, here you go, ICS Button Bar MODS for EncounterICS

This will add the bottom button bar to EncounterICS Beta2/3. Be sure to thank Bretth18 for getting this done, I was banging my head against the wall for hours due to computer issues and he stepped up and got it going finally.

This will also disable the hardkey lighting, giving it a cleaner look overall.

-DO NOT flash this in the same CWR session as the ROM, while it has worked for some, others have gotten into bootloops because of it. So flash the ROM and GApps in the same session, reboot and go through all the standard setup stuff, then boot into CWR again to flash the mods.

-The button bar mod (first one), is required regardless of which other mod you want to use (except for the launcher mod). The menu/search button mods, and themes are separate. These mods can be safely flashed in one CWR session, as long as you have rebooted since installing the ROM. Also, the menu/search mods an themes will overwrite each other, so only one will work at a time. The Undo for those will work for any of them.

It is recommended that you wipe cache before flashing.

Download

MD5: 221EA825DEF8FC13A1671323B18EA659
4.05 Mb

Flash in cwr as usual.

UNDO:

Download

MD5: 111D4A3C548C16BEFA668BAA8B0E88CD
4.12 Mb

Launcher Mod

This shrinks the dockbar on the Trebuchet launcher to regain some of the space lost due to the Button Bar.
As you can see in the image below, I pushed it down as tight as I could without reducing the icon size, which is not possible without reducing the icon size in the app drawer and on the homescreen as well.

(Don't worry, the ghosting of the original layout doesn't actually show on the phone
)

Download

MD5: CE858C725CB3E59A09FFE076C95533B9
8.05 Mb

UNDO:

Download

MD5: 06396CDF4A847D42F19B403DC973F8DB
8.07 Mb

Search Button/Dual Menu Buttons:

Credit for this goes to Paul O'Brien at XDA, I just ported it to EncounterICS. This adds the Search button, puts menu buttons on both sides, and activates menu buttons at all times even when not visible, so you now have access to the homescreen menu from the soft keys.

Download

MD5: 2B400DD259AA642AD4034E56792F4B31
829 Kb

Dual Menu Button Mod w/o Search:

Download

MD5: 75758D73E0B98DE5EADAEA18265E9549
829 Kb

UNDO (Will work for Dual Menu mods as well as themed mods listed below):

Download

MD5: 7920C7644D9536CD3EF5730893FC0A9A
812 Kb

Themed Button Bars from zerospeed8:

Blue

Blue w/ Search

Airbrushed

Metro

Themed Button Bars from Dshoe:

Blue

Blue Reflective

Themed Button Bars from MadCutter:

Blue Reflective - Dual Menu, No Search

·
404 Not Found
234 Posts
I would just flash this to check it out, is it possible for you to add an undo zip for this mod by any chance ? If not I dont think I will try it out. But nice work

·
Average Android
149 Posts
Software buttons are sick thanks for the mod. Had to disable the search bar because it made my home screen all pinched looking

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Android-Aholic
1,247 Posts
Any way to make the menu buttons stay in the button bar? OK I saw something similar to this when the gnex came out but I think it was gnex specific

·
The n00b veteran
775 Posts
I'm on a Samsung Fascinate, do you think this would work for me? ICS 4.0.1...

1 - 20 of 260 Posts