Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Developer
1,043 Posts
JakebitesModsv18 for all rooted phones(beta)

Guys and gals, if you like my mods please mark as installed and rate! It makes me happy.

What's new?

V18:
-Added toggle for new build.prop values
-Added check for new build.prop values
-Fixed permissions problem in v17

-Added zipalign applet for zipalign to funtion properly

V17:
-Updated Superuser.apk to match binary
-Updated installer-script
-Updated build.prop values:
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=120
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval = 120
dalvik.vm.heapsize=48m
mot.proximity.delay=100
ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=0
# Increase battery saving potential
ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0
pm.sleep_mode=1
# Force lock home into memory
ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1
-Updated busybox chooser
-1.19.0 (Compiled by Imoseyon)
-1.19.3 (Full version)

(Two updates in one, still working on full init support!)

V16:
-Updated su binary to latest
-Added busybox chooser menu:
1.16.2(Miui's BB)
1.17.1(Liberty/ZS's BB)
1.19.3(CM7's BB)

V15:
-Updated menus to look better and be more organized
-Fixed the bug with "+JBMvXX" showing with multiple flashes
-Added minfree tweaks as default
-Updated Busybox to version 1.19.3
-Added Busybox checker
-Removed Zeppelinrox's mods per his request

What's included?:

Scripts:

-Modcentral script
This is the main hub for all of my mods, here you can toggle my mods on or off or enable settings for certain roms or phones:

-Sysctl mods
-Cron mod
-Zipalign at boot mod
-Logger toggle
-Sdcard speed up toggle
-System speed up toggle
-Check to see if mods are active
-Enable init support for roms without it
-Disable/Enable all mods
-Softboot
-Reboot
-Donate

-Sysrw script
Mounts system R/W

-Sysro script
Mounts system R/O

Extras:

- Busybox 1.19.3 installs with the zip file

-Both Superuser.apk and the su binary is included so there can be absolutely no root problems with roms such as MIUI.

Init.d support:

(Mods activated at boot by default)

-Cron support
Flushes vm caches twice a day (3am and 3pm) to compensate for the sysctl tweaks

-Sysctl support
vm.dirty_ratio = 90
vm.dirty_background_ratio = 70
vm.vfs_cache_pressure = 30
vm.oom_kill_allocating_task = 1
vm.min_free_kbytes = 4096

-Zipaligned on each boot

-Logger disabled

-File system speedups (Credit to Imoseyon)

-Sdcard speed boost (Credit to Imoseyon)

-build.prop tweaks:
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=95
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval = 180
dalvik.vm.heapsize=50m
mot.proximity.delay=100
ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=750
ro.build.display.id=(Text from rom)+JBMv14

How do I use this?

All of my the above init mods will be activated upon the installation and on the first boot if the rom you are on has init support. Also, busybox 1.19.0 will be installed with the zip file. However, if your rom does not have init support, you will need to enable it with my enable init option for the mods to take effect.

To use my scripts:
-Download Terminal Emulator from the market, It's free.
-Open up terminal emulator and type:

su

and press enter, it will then ask for root access, allow it
Now type in:

modcentral

and press enter, you will see my script pop up and it's easy to use from there.
When you get to these menus, if you would like to see if the mods are active you can use the check mods option. If you get an error message regaurding init, please use the enable init option in the main menu of medcentral and reboot. Then use check mods again to see if init was enabled. Also you can check your build number to see that it has added +JBMvXX.

Please note: that this is a beta and should be treated as such. Reporting bugs is much more useful to me so that I can fix them. Please don't just say "It doesn't work this is an epic fail." Or something like that because that does not help me track down any bugs. Give me as much info as possible so I can solve the issue. Thank you!

Enjoy!

md5: 93ae4fe966bd5a9413cb2c8466e7bcd9​

You don't need to wipe anything, just flash right over the top of whichever build you're running.

On the first boot it will appear to bootloop, this is only to reboot the system to make the build.prop edits load on first boot. DON'T BE ALARMED! I DIDN'T BREAK YOUR PHONE!

If you like my work please consider donating!!

Files added:

/data/cron/
/data/jbm/busybox
/data/jbm/mods/
/data/cron/root

/data/jbm/busybox/1172
/data/jbm/busybox/1190
/data/jbm/busybox/1193
/data/jbm/busybox/1172/busybox
/data/jbm/busybox/1190/busybox
/data/jbm/busybox/1193/busybox
/data/jbm/mods/01recovery
/data/jbm/mods/99mods
/data/jbm/init/
/data/jbm/init/pm_init.sh
/system/app/Superuser.apk
/system/bin/su
/system/etc/init.d/01recovery
/system/etc/init.d/99check (temp file)
/system/etc/init.d/99mods
/system/etc/passwd
/system/etc/resolv.conf
/system/etc/sysctl.conf
/system/xbin/busybox
/system/xbin/modcentral
/system/xbin/sysrw
/system/xbin/sysro

/system/xbin/zipalign
/system/xbin/zipalign_apks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Installed and working on my wifes Droid Pro. Thanks! Any idea how to get the InteractiveX governor like you have for the Droid X on her Pro? It has helped battery life and the phone is snappier as well. Any ideas, let me know!

·
Player Hater
1,081 Posts
Think I better try this jake. It looks like its basically the same as your other mod for the 2/x from what it looks like.

Is jrummy going to gui this too ?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

·
Player Hater
1,081 Posts
Up and running jake. I did option 5 for supercharger. Sound about right to you ?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

·
Resident Incredible Forum's Troll
195 Posts
quick question. what is the "passwd" file in etc for?

·
Developer
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Try it on the nook and let me know!, passwd file is a file added that cron calls upon. Supercharger settings are up to you, I would just play around and which seems best.

also!

Off topic buttttt, in my sig now is my PSN name. Add me!

·
Registered
114 Posts
HI Jake. Flashed to Nook Color last night running MIUI. No problems flashing, everything seems to be working fine. Enabled V6 Supercharger with 512hp leaded and that seems to be working as well. No issues so far. Thanks for putting this together!

·
Themer
159 Posts
I tried running this on my g2x with cwm 5.0.2.0 it doesnt flash though fails everytime. I will look at it more when im at my pc and see if i can find the problem.

·
The Lost Junglist
602 Posts
Nice, gonna test this on my ally and fascinate. Thanks!

Sent from my CyanogenModded Fascinate using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Beginner
28 Posts
Thanks. Worked on my OG Droid, took a bit to get cwm going. Kept freaking and fcing. Booted up fine now just trying to figure this all out. I'm a newb kind of.

Jake

·
Developer
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've got a new version to be posted up soon that should resolve the install issues on newer phones.

·
Supporting Member
88 Posts
I'm running cm7revs builds, have super charger on superunlead Did a chack and says all mods are working. The only problem I am having is it seems to be eatting up my battery!! Any suggestions to get better battery life???

·
Android Beginner
58 Posts
On MIUI ICS for Droid 2, using Boot Manager. Booted into recovery, flashed the zip and rebooted. DL'd Terminal Emulator, did su, then modcentral and got modcentral: not found

What should I do now?

·
Android Apprentice
67 Posts
aeidian said:
On MIUI ICS for Droid 2, using Boot Manager. Booted into recovery, flashed the zip and rebooted. DL'd Terminal Emulator, did su, then modcentral and got modcentral: not found

What should I do now?
If MIUI is one of your SD card roms then you have to flash these using boot manager. That applies to any SD card rom and flashing extra stuff btw.

·
Android Apprentice
84 Posts
Got this going last night on my Droid charge, however it didn't take on the first flash.

First I flashed as I would any other zip (no e errors), however it returned modcentral not found when trying to execute in terminal. I also verified that modcentral was not in xbin.

Second flash I mounted /system before the flash, and everything took just fine.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
nifty. gonna test run this on awesome sauce with the next update. great work man :)

EDIT: Running really well. Tweaked some values here and there, also added 179:8 (internal memory) speedup. In conjunction with a few adrenaline shot parts, this made for a great mod base for my rom. Way to go jake!

·
Android Beginner
32 Posts
Try it on the nook and let me know!, passwd file is a file added that cron calls upon. Supercharger settings are up to you, I would just play around and which seems best.
I've updated to version 1.4 on both my Motorola Droid 2 and B&N Nook Color. Both are working well using the 512HP Leded option recommended by V6 SuperCharger and all mods enabled. I do have a couple of questions:

1. Weren't there overclock/undervolt options? I didn't notice anything in this thread about those going away.

2. Subjectively, things feel smooth. Is there a quantifiable way to measure changes?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts