Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

· Supporting Member
4,545 Posts
Jake: I assume these mods play nicely w/V6 Supercharger? Just wanted to confirm....

· Supporting Member
4,545 Posts
Running Jakes mods w/Supercharger applied after, and the net result seems very good...did seem to get improved launcher responsiveness and quicker GMail load after adding supercharger.

· Supporting Member
4,545 Posts
LexiconDevil: nothing fancy, just used option 9 (the second mega memory option) and that was it. Applied after applying Jake's mods. Definitely faster Gmail load and home screen isn't having to redraw (so far, anyway). :) Option nine set up the update mega memory settings and made launcher hard to kill.

· Supporting Member
4,545 Posts
All CPUs are different to a certain extent....my D1 CPU would not overclock over 1GHz, and really ran best at 800, others could to 1.4 w/out issue. Mine also didn't like undervolting very much, others had no issues. Like Jake says, if you have problems, reduce your overclock or undervolt.

· Supporting Member
4,545 Posts
Jakebites said:
This is true! However, I picked a very safe middleground for my script so 99% of all that use it won't have any issues. :)
And that's why we trust you with our babies... ;-)

jakebites said:
I'm checking out that supercharger script now, it's pretty cool!!
To put it mildly...I've been running it for weeks now and don't leave home without it. :)

· Supporting Member
4,545 Posts

· Supporting Member
4,545 Posts
Idopa:

I just ran checkmods and it works fine...did you type su first?

· Supporting Member
4,545 Posts
jakebites said:
I always give credit to the original dev! No worries!
I know - it's just that this info was left out of his post on Droid Forums here, so wanted to make sure you were aware of the details... :)

· Supporting Member
4,545 Posts
jakebites said:
Gotcha, so hows everything running with my mods and superchared and whatever else ya got?
That's all I have - your mods and V6 Supercharger. Oh, I did change the wallpaper. ;-)

Things appear to be good - I turned on undervolting just a while back (DOH - forgot to do so after installing). I've been busy at work so haven't had much time to play yet, but everything seems great so far. :)

· Supporting Member
4,545 Posts
That's very surprising, Jake...I'd be surprised if Supercharger is a battery problem...I got my best battery life by far on CM7 running supercharger/Juice Defender (about 5% an hour, 10 hours 50% left). Don't think I've seen any posts of battery issues on the Supercharger thread. SInce it's tweaking memory pools, etc., doesn't seem like it would impact battery significantly...

Anywho...I did have three connection problems today after enabling undervolting, so my phone may not even like even the moderate level you've setup. :( for me. These were the fist instances I've had of connection issues on CM7GB - once while away from Wifi I could not connect (wouldn't connect to let me use voice input, I had to launch a browser and try to load a page and then 3G showed up and things worked) and twice on wifi I could not connect until I cycled Wifi off/on, though it showed wifi connected/strong signal. I've upgraded to the 8/29 nightly and going to run your mod w/out undervolting and see if I experience any more connection issues. Again, I didn't experience any issues until I applied undervolting.

Typical for me...my D1 had a sissy-CPU that wouldn't allow any serious tweaking.

· Supporting Member
4,545 Posts
simon_lefisch said:
I've been running 8/29 build and jakes mod since I posted this morning/afternoon with undervolt and haven't had any connection issues.....just fyi.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
You had enabled undervolt? Thanks...

· Supporting Member
4,545 Posts

· Supporting Member
4,545 Posts
jakebites said:
Reloading closed apps is battery my friend!
Yeah, if that was/is happening. Just doesn't jive w/my experience (and my mom says it's all about me! ;-)), and don't remember any battery woes posted on the Supercharger threads...of course, YMMV always applies and each of us has different apps/usage/loads on the device.

· Supporting Member
4,545 Posts
Yeah...there may be some interactions between the two that need sorting out, maybe including the order in which they are applied, how various settings interact, etc. :)

· Supporting Member
4,545 Posts
Cstryon said:
Is that what caused my bootloops?
I wiped cache/dalvik before installing Jake's mods, so I don't think that is causing boot loops.

· Supporting Member
4,545 Posts
simon_lefisch said:
Forgive me if this is a stupid question but after flashing v3 is supercharger already running? If not how do I run. I'm used to running the script thru script manager.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
You would need to either flash Jake's mods and launch the V6 script from his menu to enable it, or download the V6 Supercharger script and Script Manager (free app) to run the script and enable it.

Using Jake's is probably simplest...after flashing it, go into Terminal and type SU <enter> modcentral <enter> and use the V6 option to launch the Supercharger script and choose option 9 (second mega memory option).

· Supporting Member
4,545 Posts
Cstryon said:
Is that what caused my bootloops?
If Jake's mods are enabling undervolting by default, there is a possibility that your phone doesn't like the undervolt settings...But I believe you still have to enable undervolting after installing his mods...not sure.

· Supporting Member
4,545 Posts
Jake:

Just wanted to note that it appears applying your mods on the new GB OTA w/CM7 installed over it may cause boot loops...happened to me (on a fresh install of CM7 over the GB OTA), and restoring my CM7 backup w/the mod also) and to another person who applied your patch to that new setup...

Have you tested this out yet? I know it's (the D2 GB OTA) very new... :)

· Supporting Member
4,545 Posts
Jake has it, butSBF to Froyo and then check for updates in settings...since you need to be on Froyo anyway.

Or there is a download zip here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?wqvpkz1qlu6oph7

The file name is odd - has 2.3.20 in it (Froyo number) but it's the GB OTA. Rename to update.zip and apply from stock recovery in Froyo.

· Supporting Member
4,545 Posts
Agree - I would not do that (restore a pre GB OTA backup)...bootlooped me. That was my initial plan as well, but a new kernel and baseband, and updated system files, etc., are the right time to make a break and start fresh, particularly so you are sure that problems that arise aren't from baggage you pulled forward.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.