Android OS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 1064 Posts

· Supporting Member
4,545 Posts
LexiconDevil: nothing fancy, just used option 9 (the second mega memory option) and that was it. Applied after applying Jake's mods. Definitely faster Gmail load and home screen isn't having to redraw (so far, anyway). :) Option nine set up the update mega memory settings and made launcher hard to kill.

· Developer
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
LexiconDevil said:
Any chance you feel like packaging the smartass governor in with your next release? It seems to cycle down the cpu with the screen off but I have had no sleep of death issues with it and that's with minimum voltages of 13.
The InteractiveX governor is a better written gov all around when compared to smartass. If you're freezing up then your cpu is telling you something :p. You can undervolt like that, I used to do it too but its deff straining your cpu and hindering your prefromance as well. I bet if you got rid of that undervolt and whichever helper app your using, reboot and just try my undervolt script with my voltages and the InteractiveX gov you'll see a big improvment. Adding smartass gov is something that I can do very easily but InteractiveX is superior.

· Supporting Member
4,545 Posts
All CPUs are different to a certain extent....my D1 CPU would not overclock over 1GHz, and really ran best at 800, others could to 1.4 w/out issue. Mine also didn't like undervolting very much, others had no issues. Like Jake says, if you have problems, reduce your overclock or undervolt.

· Developer
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
ldopa said:
Thats one reason I use quickclock advanced to calibrate my cpu. Because its unique. One d2 may have a different min and max than another.
This is true! However, I picked a very safe middleground for my script so 99% of all that use it won't have any issues. :)

· Android Lover
295 Posts
so I finally have a day off to be able to try these mods and just want to clear up what to use and what not to use. I'm currently using Android overclock however from what I've read after flashing this mod I won't need that app anymore. What do I need to get the most out of this mod? Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

· Developer
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
simon_lefisch said:
so I finally have a day off to be able to try these mods and just want to clear up what to use and what not to use. I'm currently using Android overclock however from what I've read after flashing this mod I won't need that app anymore. What do I need to get the most out of this mod? Thanks in advance for your recommendations.
Well first off you needs to be on one of Rev's CM7GB builds. I would recommend uninstalling Android Overclock before flashing this as well. All you need to do is flash this and let it boot up. When it does open up a terminal emulator and type:
su
undervolt
reboot

If you would like to save some battery.

When it boots back up you can check that all of the mods are running correctly with my new script. :) Just open up terminal and type:
su
checkmods

That's about it! I made it as user friendly as possible.

· Supporting Member
4,545 Posts
Jakebites said:
This is true! However, I picked a very safe middleground for my script so 99% of all that use it won't have any issues. :)
And that's why we trust you with our babies... ;-)

jakebites said:
I'm checking out that supercharger script now, it's pretty cool!!
To put it mildly...I've been running it for weeks now and don't leave home without it. :)

· Android Lover
295 Posts
jakebites said:
Well first off you needs to be on one of Rev's CM7GB builds. I would recommend uninstalling Android Overclock before flashing this as well. All you need to do is flash this and let it boot up. When it does open up a terminal emulator and type:
su
undervolt
reboot

If you would like to save some battery.

When it boots back up you can check that all of the mods are running correctly with my new script. :) Just open up terminal and type:
su
checkmods

That's about it! I made it as user friendly as possible.
Awesome. Thanks jake. Been running CM7GB since it was release and totally happy with it. I'll delete android oc and flash your mods. Can't wait to test :D

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

· Android Addict
598 Posts
Hey Jake, I know I flashed your mod (the interactive governor is there and under about phone it says your mod under build). I opened up terminal, typed su and checkmods and it says not found. Any suggestions?

· Developer
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
ldopa said:
Hey Jake, I know I flashed your mod (the interactive governor is there and under about phone it says your mod under build). I opened up terminal, typed su and checkmods and it says not found. Any suggestions?
I added it into the new version (v2). Are you still on v1?

· Supporting Member
4,545 Posts

· Supporting Member
4,545 Posts
Idopa:

I just ran checkmods and it works fine...did you type su first?

· Developer
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·

· Supporting Member
4,545 Posts
jakebites said:
I always give credit to the original dev! No worries!
I know - it's just that this info was left out of his post on Droid Forums here, so wanted to make sure you were aware of the details... :)

41 - 60 of 1064 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.