Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LCD Density forces your phone into a seemingly higher resolution/density/home screen space. Augment this feature by expanding the grid space for apps and widgets via Nova Launchers settings and you've expanded the footprint of your home screen, made your apps show more content, and made your phone look like the mini tablet it really is!

This is only my first post here, but I've been tweaking Android since I picked up my OG Droid on launch day. I've never made an account on any other Android sites, this feature was just THAT mind-blowing to me that I had to do it. Give it a try guys (and girls)!

Settings > ROM Control > General UI > LCD Density (I did 240)

Gerrware

·
Registered
802 Posts
Which build of aokp are you on? And I'm assuming this is a setting under the regular settings, not the nova settings? I don't have this one in my general UI settings. I'm running aokp build 21

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I do believe any rom can do this. LCD density is in build.prop I believe. Someone can probably confirm the exact location.

And there are lots of threads as to what the best LCD density are.

Welcome to Rootzwiki, its an awesome site with a ton of info and help!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
Android Apprentice
68 Posts
LCD modder pro allows you to spoof the market to avoid compatibility problems with apps when you are at the 240 setting. I love the look of 240 but didn't use it until I saw the app recommended by someone here as the work around

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
Someone's cranky this morning. Thanks for the warm welcome.
Don't let ppl upset you before they've had your coffee. You're lucky I've already had my coffee or I'd be upsetting you too!

FYI, 240 puts the phone it "tablet mode" but you can put it to 241 and get the same "smallness effect" without going into "tablet mode". It also keeps some of the incompatibility issues from creeping in. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Personally I think it makes it too small, just my .02.
I know what you mean, but I don't find myself moving off my default home screen too often, so it's nice to get as much information up front as possible. I also love the news views, sports scores, etc. more under this view because I can see more at one time without scrolling up and down. Haven't found the text to be difficult to read, but your mileage will definitely vary. Not a change I'd put on my grandmothers phone, that's for sure.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Don't let ppl upset you before they've had your coffee. You're lucky I've already had my coffee or I'd be upsetting you too!

FYI, 240 puts the phone it "tablet mode" but you can put it to 241 and get the same "smallness effect" without going into "tablet mode". It also keeps some of the incompatibility issues from creeping in. :)
actually 241 causes a lot more market incompatibilities than 240

1 - 20 of 30 Posts