Android OS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Android Lover
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else noticed this? As of this writing the Droid 1 has 230 viewers, Droid X has 270, and the TBolt has 342.

Is the TBolt becoming THE phone for development? I dunno, but it's pretty cool to have the most attention in here.

·
RootzBoat Swashbuckler
101 Posts
I think that it being the first 4G phone for Verizon has played a major roll the thundeboom that has occurred.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

·
Android Apprentice
19 Posts
D3fault121 said:
I think that it being the first 4G phone for Verizon has played a major roll the thundeboom that has occurred.

This too, of course. :grin2:

·
The GMan
113 Posts
D3fault121 said:

And best still in my opinion. The charge and revolution have their perks and so does the Bolt, but 512ram vs, the Bolts 768 is big and whether you like Sense or not it's better than theirs.

Go see where the Thunderbolt sits as far as threads/posts at androidcentral forum main page (270k+ members - 6,363 threads, 109,351 posts in 4 months). Pretty impressive. A lot of forums are combined like the Evo, has all versions of Evo so it's hard to tell where it ranks as a single phone, but it's holding it's own.

·
HUUURRR DUUURRR
168 Posts
I wish the xoom section would get some of that love, Then I'd really have no reason to ever go back to XDA

·
Supporting Member
127 Posts
"mandog202 said:
I wish the xoom section would get some of that love, Then I'd really have no reason to ever go back to XDA
Not everyone who can afford a thunderbolt can afford a xoom, sadly. I would gladly contribute to the xoom threads. :p

·
Android Apprentice
55 Posts
I have always noticed this, the thunderbolt got a huge development push when it first came out and even now. the charge and revolution don't have as big as a following from a dev standpoint.

·
schmoove
85 Posts
I think there truly is something to be said for a phone with s-off / unlocked bootloader as opposed to root only (i. e. Droid X). Alot of folks, myself included, jumped on the X in hopes of being unlocked. And thanks to people much smarter than myself, there was somewhat of customization available in spite of Moto. I do believe however that alot of folks will not make that same mistake twice....if the Bionic has a locked bootloader, it will not receive near the support simply because the SGS2 is unlocked (as far as I know).
I do not believe the Tbolt, nor any other phone, will reach the top of the mountain where the OG's throne sits, but the Bolt has potential to be the "O4G" when ril is properly merged. When that happens there will be an explosion of developement on this phone. AOSP Roms will be everywhere, which is a great thing. I only hope JRummy will bring his dev skills to the bolt, as his roms were hands down the best IMO for both the OG and the DX. Just my $.02

1 - 10 of 10 Posts