Android OS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive come upon a good opportunity to get a moto droid through trade, but its flashed to cricket. How can i bring it back to verizon, so i can use it. ive been needing a droid 1 for a while now, its still the king to me.

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
yes, you can. as long as verizon doesn't have the meid/esn blacklisted. get the meid/esn off the phone and call verizon and tell them you are wanting to make sure it's not blacklisted before purchasing. dont say anything to them about cricket. if it's good, then all you have to do is an sbf flash. follow the steps here http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/...-droid-2-0-1-sbf-how-go-back-2-0-1-2-1-a.html

dont use the sbf file in the link above. it's old. use this one.
http://wonderly.com/bb/DROID/OEM/VZW_A855_FRG83G_QSC6085BP_C_01.43.01P_SW_UPDATE.sbf

·
Android Apprentice
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
razorloves said:
yes, you can. as long as verizon doesn't have the meid/esn blacklisted. get the meid/esn off the phone and call verizon and tell them you are wanting to make sure it's not blacklisted before purchasing. dont say anything to them about cricket. if it's good, then all you have to do is an sbf flash. follow the steps here http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/...-droid-2-0-1-sbf-how-go-back-2-0-1-2-1-a.html

dont use the sbf file in the link above. it's old. use this one.
http://wonderly.com/bb/DROID/OEM/VZW_A855_FRG83G_QSC6085BP_C_01.43.01P_SW_UPDATE.sbf
Thanks. I figured it'd be the same process but I wasn't sure if I'd be able too get the bootloader up to flash

·
Android Beginner
22 Posts
I know I'm late here, but all that would be needed here was to re-write the NVM table/values and I believe after checking that the MEID is clean a simple dilaing of *228, option 3 and following the prompts would re-program the phone for VZW.

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
"teddyearp said:
I know I'm late here, but all that would be needed here was to re-write the NVM table/values and I believe after checking that the MEID is clean a simple dilaing of *228, option 3 and following the prompts would re-program the phone for VZW.
The easy solution I mentioned above takes care of that. Most people don't know how to use cdma workshop or qpst and they certainly wont know the nvm values and which need to to be changed

·
Android Beginner
22 Posts
So, please let me know. What is easier. Flashing an .sbf file using the ever finciky RSD Lite or simply dialing *228 from the phone that you wish to (re) activate on VZW and selecting option three and going through the prompts therein.

I have NEVER had a problem with the latter, yet have read (and experienced) multiple problems with the former. Which is the easiest?

I am always willing to learn.

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
"teddyearp said:
So, please let me know. What is easier. Flashing an .sbf file using the ever finciky RSD Lite or simply dialing *228 from the phone that you wish to (re) activate on VZW and selecting option three and going through the prompts therein.

I have NEVER had a problem with the latter, yet have read (and experienced) multiple problems with the former. Which is the easiest?

I am always willing to learn.
I misread your post. I thought you meant we would have to reprogram the nvram values. Regardless...

When you reprogram a phone to cricket, nvram values are changed beyond what ★228 does. You are also changing the prl to a cricket one. And you are also changing settings in your rom. So you have to flash a baseband (in the sbf) to replace the nvram values back to stock, and you have to flash a vzw prl (in the sbf), and you have to revert changes made in the rom (rom is in sbf). So sbf is the best way to accomplish all of this.

If you dial *228 as you suggest, you would just connect to the cricket service because you have a cricket prl

·
Android Beginner
22 Posts
That makes sense, however it might only be the cricket prl that would have to be changed. In any event I believe I am wrong and corrected.

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts