Android OS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Friend Just purchased the Motorola Electrify from US Cellular. From my understanding it is the same as the Photon.

I have rooted/romd/ ect. my DX and Galaxy Nexus plenty. so i figured i could help him get setup on his new phone. but i was very surprised to find very little support on his phone.

The main issue he has right now is he did the USC OTA update to 2.3.5. Trust me he wishes he didnt do that now! lol. I tried to help him SBF the phone back to 2.3.4 with no luck (got error at 100%).

Does any one have any idea what my friend can do to get his phone rooted, unocked, romd , modded, etc. It would be a real shame if he can't share in any of the fun we all enjoy.

Thanks alot for any help you can lend. :)

·
El Conquistador
127 Posts
Bootloader is locked. Until a new unlock method is discovered we're stuck. You can however root the phone and flash certain stuck via bootstrap.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using RootzWiki

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bootloader is locked. Until a new unlock method is discovered we're stuck. You can however root the phone and flash certain stuck via bootstrap.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using RootzWiki
Ok. thanks.

Thats what I figured from what I have researched. Hopefully a developer will come up with something for the new build.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts