Android OS Forum banner
481 - 500 of 534 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
This is my favorite ROM but I ended up going to the CM9. Finally after weeks of its release I uploaded my first picture to instagram lol

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
99 Posts
one question tbalden will we be getting eclipse or is it just my dream.lol thanx for the info.

is any one getting there phone hot a few times. it eventually drains the battery without having anything running?

·
Registered
7 Posts
is any one getting there phone hot a few times. it eventually drains the battery without having anything running?
yep, every now an then, it seems to get in a mood and the battery cooks, very hot and it does kill the battery. If I catch it in time, I have to remove the battery a couple of times as the phone is also usually locked up for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
one question tbalden will we be getting eclipse or is it just my dream.lol thanx for the info.

So it isn't just my phone LoL - I get into a similar state where the phone runs hot, gets very laggy, and drains the batt quick ...but isn't totally locked. However, if I try to reboot or shut down from this state, the phone will go screen-off but not reboot. I end up having to do a batt pull to get back in business.

This seems to happen more often if I go more than 24 hours without a shutdown/reboot, so I do a reboot first thing in the morning (and usually get through the day without a surprise dead battery). I suspect I may have been impatient after flashing the ROM, so I may wipe and do-over when I find the time to re-install all my apps. For the time being, it works well enough that I enjoy using it.

As an aside, I enabled the option to notify me of ANR on background tasks, and I usually see a few after being on a phone call, and randomly at other times. I choose "wait" and the app eventually gets rolling again. If I start seeing a lot of these for no obvious reason, then I know I need to reboot ...and will probably end up screen-off and needing a battery pull to do it.

Sorry about the wall of text - hopefully some of that can help narrow down what's happening (or I could leave the phone run and try to get a logcat when it is unhappy).

·
Registered
38 Posts
So it isn't just my phone LoL - I get into a similar state where the phone runs hot, gets very laggy, and drains the batt quick ...but isn't totally locked. However, if I try to reboot or shut down from this state, the phone will go screen-off but not reboot. I end up having to do a batt pull to get back in business.

This seems to happen more often if I go more than 24 hours without a shutdown/reboot, so I do a reboot first thing in the morning (and usually get through the day without a surprise dead battery). I suspect I may have been impatient after flashing the ROM, so I may wipe and do-over when I find the time to re-install all my apps. For the time being, it works well enough that I enjoy using it.

As an aside, I enabled the option to notify me of ANR on background tasks, and I usually see a few after being on a phone call, and randomly at other times. I choose "wait" and the app eventually gets rolling again. If I start seeing a lot of these for no obvious reason, then I know I need to reboot ...and will probably end up screen-off and needing a battery pull to do it.

Sorry about the wall of text - hopefully some of that can help narrow down what's happening (or I could leave the phone run and try to get a logcat when it is unhappy).
Yeah been noticing these problems more and more myself too....I generally turn off data and my battery drains next to none but I still get texts and such but yeah there are times my phone gets to where the battery dies even then and won't reboot without a battery pull.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Guys i would like to give a try to this rom. I am currently using MT4GS with Rubix ICS Infused v5.3 by undead. I guess it flashed a custom kernel with rom.

Any suggestion how i should proceed to flash this rom? Any specific kernel to be flashed first ? What all patches / fixes should i flash with Primadonna 1.17.0 Alpha 2 to use this rom smoothly as a daily driver?

Thanks,

Edit: currently i am on s-off with hboot 1.44.1107. radio 10.11.9007.07_2M

·
Registered
103 Posts

Same here. I find it happens every few days but since i've been wiping the cache and rebooting its very infrequent now...strangest thing.

Sent from my myTouch 4G Slide using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just flashed the ROM, impressed so far and happy with the 23GB bump in my Dropbox because of it! :D

Only 2 questions:
1. Is 1080p video recording in the works?
2. Anything I can do to get T-Mobs WiFi calling working?

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just installed this rom. Most of the things work fine.

here's how i installed it:

Charged the battery to 100% then Immediately Wiped the phone clean (Cache, data, system) & flashed the rom, rebooted recovery, factory reset, Patch 5, factory reset, patch 6, Wiped battery stats, Connected the phone to charger and kept it whole night, Woke up in the morning, disconnected the charger and setup the phone.

Here are the pros and cons i found..

Pros :
1) Looks goods and runs smooth.
2) Got 23gb extra free space on dropbox.. Nice.
3) HTC Hub & HTCsense.com integration. (Though the device still doesnt Show up on the website, trying to get it working.)

Cons:

1) The battery drains like crazy. down to 40% in just 1hr 40mins

2) The phone heats up a lot. So much that some heat can be felt on the buttons & trackpad on the front.

3) Trackpad not working at all.

4) The home screens are limited to 5 and doesnt loop.

5) Opening the keyboard doesn't rotate home screen. (Though inside the message app it does rotate)

6) Network bars are less than normal. Normally bars doesn't go below 4-5 at my work, but after flashing this rom it doesnt go above 4 and normally stays at 3bars, sometimes drops to 2.

7) Already Known bugs: camera, youtube, fm radio & tethering not working. (Video Playback works in mobo player, without flashing patch 1)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zeaz3cmo77qphwt/Screenshot_2012-05-18-15-59-42.png

481 - 500 of 534 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.