Android OS Forum banner
681 - 700 of 730 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
If we could get rid of this annoyance, I would be back on Inq in a heartbeat. (Currently using CM9 Alpha 3).
Tbalden, your skills are stretched too thin lol. Everyone wants your droid skillz!

Hell Yeah, Tbaldens also part of the CM9 Team for the Tegra-3 One X.

MyTouch4G Slide on CM9 and Tapatalk 2
Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

·
Android Beginner
69 Posts
Is anyone having trouble syncing contacts with their Google Apps account? Made a new contact on my phone, but sync hasn't worked for over 2 weeks. Changes aren't being pushed to my Google apps account.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Haven't had any problems with G syncing contacts. Can you sync manually by goingg in and doing a sync?

·
Android Beginner
69 Posts
Haven't had any problems with G syncing contacts. Can you sync manually by goingg in and doing a sync?

Nope, it says there's an error everytime. Disabling syncing of contacts and reenabling doesn't help neither. It's only the contacts sync that's messed up. Not sure why.

·
Android Beginner
69 Posts
Hmm, found a solution.

1. Turn off sync.
2. Go to Settings > Apps > All > Contacts Storage.
3. Force stop then clear data for Contacts Storage.
4. Turn sync back on.

NOTE: Be careful when doing this though. If something didn't sync to your gmail account yet then you may risk losing it when clearing contacts storage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm seeing a few issues with wifi calling, using the latest beta kernel.

Issue 1. When making or receiving calls on wifi calling, there is no audio on my end. others can hear me sometimes, other times they can't. I cannot hear any audio whether on speakerphone or normal.

Issue 2. It has trouble connecting to wifi calling, especially after either disabling wifi calling, or turning wifi off and back on. The toggle for wifi calling gets greyed out, and it either stays at "connecting", or says that it's connected, even though it's not.

I am absolutely loving everything else about this ROM, but this is a game changer for me. I don't get phone signal in the two places I spend most of my time, so wifi calling is absolutely necessary.

Has anyone who had wifi calling issues managed to get it working? Does it work better on the "stable" kernel?

·
Registered
36 Posts
to the person asking about wifi calling. it just basically doesn't work. at least not for me. not on this rom. it's a shame too because i love wifi calling. everything else is pretty awesome though...

ALTHOUGH...

lately my phone has just been shutting off. if i turn it back on it can turn back on, but it just totally goes dead. any ideas?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well cm9 definitely is good... Running it atm. Stil alpha though so not everything working perfectly. But good enough :)

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
It's upsetting that my phone in recent weeks has started failing so bad and yet there's like no activity going on in the ROM scene for this device. I almost feel like my best bet is to wipe and reflash Virtuous Inquisition again. At least it was fast in the beginning and I just need to make it to November when I can get a new phone haha. I just am dreading reentering my passwords on all my apps again...

·
Registered
551 Posts
It's upsetting that my phone in recent weeks has started failing so bad and yet there's like no activity going on in the ROM scene for this device. I almost feel like my best bet is to wipe and reflash Virtuous Inquisition again. At least it was fast in the beginning and I just need to make it to November when I can get a new phone haha. I just am dreading reentering my passwords on all my apps again...
Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache. Reboot. Enjoy speed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache. Reboot. Enjoy speed.
you know no one ever says to wipe dalvik cache unless flashing a new version of a rom... i've wiped cache plenty of times in trying to get things running smooth but not dalvik... so far so good... let's see if it stays this way :) fingers crossed...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Also, probably worth doing 'fix permissions' every so often.

I asked whether this ROM was basically dead when tbalden first got involved with CM9 and he said 'no', but there's been no release since, so I'm not entirely sure what to think now. This ROM's still working fine for me, though, so I'm not hugely inclined to switch to CM9...especially since that seems kinda slow lately (no build since 27 June).

·
Registered
5 Posts
So there won't be any more releases? Dang. Was hoping that the virtuous team might consider putting in a feature to adjust brightness of the keyboard and buttons., cause there doesn't seem to be any app for that..

·
Registered
99 Posts
I was hoping before it was final they will clear out more bugs. I prefer Chrome for browsing, but because of the keyboard bug I use Dolphin.

681 - 700 of 730 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.