Android OS Forum banner
721 - 730 of 730 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've found another issue (bug?) with this rom. I've been noticing for quite some time that whenever I watch a video (specifically ".avi", ".mp4", ".mkv", & many others), a small box with a gold triangle symbol ("play" symbol) appears in the upper-left corner of the screen. Then after about 5 - 10 seconds of watching the video that symbol/icon moves to the center of the screen and never goes away. At first I thought it might be some form of ad/link, but tapping on it or long-pressing has no effect on the gold triangle symbol thing. At first I thought this symbol issue was simply related to MX Player alone, but after testing out several other video players (including the stock android video player) I realized that this same stupid gold triangle icon/symbol thing was affecting ALL video players. I did find out something else about this symbol issue: while trying to watch a video using MX Player Pro and found that the gold triangle only appeared while using HW (Hardware) Decoder, while there was no symbol while using the SW (Software) Decoder; but the SW Decoder is terrible compared to HW (which is what the default android video player uses instead of SW decoding).

So it would seem that this weird triangle symbol popup only appears while using a video player with a hardware decoder, but appears on all video players since most of them use hardware decoding by default. And oddly enough, after an exhausting search thru google and xda forums I still haven't found any mention of this issue. So I figured the thread for Virtuous Inquisiton might be a good place to start, since most issues/bugs on my phone have been related to this Rom (especially related to the camera and video).
So my questions are:

1. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Or can anyone try playing a video (maybe .avi format) to see if you notice the strange symbol appear?

2. Does anyone have any ideas on why this symbol keeps appearing on all virtually video players (including the stock android player), and/or how to fix it?

[UPDATE]

After a lot of trial & mostly error, I was able to solve this issue by downloading a different 3rd party Video Codec from the MX Player developers. I could understand why this would solve video problems within MX Player itself, but I still find it strange that (until I installed this 3rd party codec) all video players, including the stock video player, was afflicted with this video problem of an annoying icon always blocking the center of any & all videos. This must mean that whatever codec came stock with the Inquisition rom was the source of the problem; though again, I still dont know how many other users and/or different phone models also experienced this issue, or what the exact cause/meaning of the "icon" was. Too many variables to form a definitive conclusion. But for anyone else who experiences this same issue, try installing the appropriate MX Video Codec for your phone (MT4GS = ARMv7 &/or ARMv7-Neon, both worked). I don't know if this will help anyone or not, but its better to say something than nothing at all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've thoroughly searched this thread for what I'm looking for but can't find it. I know it's a little old, but I hope I can get some help: Is there a way to make the trackpad 'button' select items? I've seen a lot of discussion on trackpad wake/sleep, which I don't care much for. Back button is fine for me, but it would be nice to be able to 'click' on items with the trackpad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've thoroughly searched this thread for what I'm looking for but can't find it. I know it's a little old, but I hope I can get some help: Is there a way to make the trackpad 'button' select items? I've seen a lot of discussion on trackpad wake/sleep, which I don't care much for. Back button is fine for me, but it would be nice to be able to 'click' on items with the trackpad.
I'm still running v4.0.2 with the 2.6.35 kernel and trackpad fix applied, it does what you're looking to do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone happen to know if development for this rom is still active or if it has officially been closed? I understand that there have been 1 or 2 new additions to the ROMs section @ VirtuousRom.com, so I realize that attention will tend to be focused around the newest released roms. I still check the 'Bugtracker' periodically but it would seem that it is all in hiatus at this time. I still use this rom every day, in fact I haven't even tried another rom since flashing this one about 6 months ago (mostly because of the overclock kernel, GUI, and the fact it's relatively solid and lacking errors). But I still am hoping that the future holds further plans for Inquisition.

This rom still does have its issues here and there, most of which are somewhat easy to ignore. But some still tend to be unavoidably frustrating. I could probably list a few bugs/issues I've experienced but I suppose any of that is irrelevant unless further fixes/updates are planned.
Still, overall I very much enjoy using this rom daily.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone happen to know if development for this rom is still active or if it has officially been closed? I understand that there have been 1 or 2 new additions to the ROMs section @ VirtuousRom.com, so I realize that attention will tend to be focused around the newest released roms. I still check the 'Bugtracker' periodically but it would seem that it is all in hiatus at this time. I still use this rom every day, in fact I haven't even tried another rom since flashing this one about 6 months ago (mostly because of the overclock kernel, GUI, and the fact it's relatively solid and lacking errors). But I still am hoping that the future holds further plans for Inquisition.

This rom still does have its issues here and there, most of which are somewhat easy to ignore. But some still tend to be unavoidably frustrating. I could probably list a few bugs/issues I've experienced but I suppose any of that is irrelevant unless further fixes/updates are planned.
Still, overall I very much enjoy using this rom daily.
I am using this ROM as well for my daily, and its dang solid. I would like to see it updated as well, perhaps with a dialer that is not vulnerable to USSD attacks?

Anything? or dead in the water?

[--Anything past this is my experience for reference by others. --]

It's fast and solid, even with the quirks. Solid ROM!

Here is what I got for anyone that may need the info. I also need to point out that I flashed this yesterday (check post date). Everything is current as of last HTC OTA: HBoot 1.45.0013, S-On/Unlocked, Running Virt Inq 4.0.2 with very little bugs as listed:

1-) Messaging app is goofy, but that may be a hardware issue, I will look into that. While previewing the list, I tap to view a msg, the msg opens/closes and goes back to the msg list.. as soon as I hit the "back" button once, it works until it happens again. So far this is my biggest quirk. Frustrating, but live-able.

2-) There are a few camera bugs, but nothing I use anyway, I will post them as I run into them and can reproduce the problem.
-- The "Action Burst" function shuts down the camera app. (known issue)
-- Camera shuts down the device when you use the "Attach -> Capture a picture" Instant shut off. No error, just bang. Boots back up fine.
3-) I do not ever use the camcorder, but I will test it out.

4-) Pressing trackbutton doesn't wake the screen, I think I have seen a fix for this. ( I will grab the link.)

5-) Dialer is USSD Attack prone, as nlDroid stated in this post, but fix that buy getting "Dialer One" from the app store of choice. (Easiest way for now.)

6-) .... nothing yet, playin with it now... =)

721 - 730 of 730 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.