Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
Does anybody have multitouch issues? Check out this screenshot. When I have one thumb on the circle, there's an area at the arrow tip that becomes dead. But with single touch it's fine.

1324096456-picsay.jpg

UPDATE: Please see this Google Code bug and star it (requires you be logged in). This will help this get Google's devs' attention so we can get a fix for it.

Attachments

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, I've learned more. I can reliably produce the bug and make the bug go away.

To start off without the bug, unlock your device and use a multitouch testing app and it's good (pick pretty much anything that works and it shows it working just fine).

To break it, run Heavy Gunner 3D by Com2uS (was one of the 10c apps) and use the two control areas for your two guns. Notice that the left one reliably works but the right one often doesn't work.

Once you've done the previous thing, exit the app and go back to your multitouch testing app and you can continue to to reproduce the problem by using the same two areas of your screen that I mentioned in the game.

To make the bug go away, lock and unlock your device.

Doing the above things creates the expected behavior 100% of the time for me. Just did it 5 times while writing this up and did it several times prior to figure this out.

·
Average Android
446 Posts
For shits and giggles since I had the game already and haven't played it I tried it and I can confirm same thing happens. game seems cool tho lol

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For shits and giggles since I had the game already and haven't played it I tried it and I can confirm same thing happens. game seems cool tho lol
I appreciate it. I bet you EVERY device has this bug. Fortunately, it clearly seems to be a software issue. Hopefully we'll get it fixed soon. In the mean time, I'll just have to be picky about what games I play...

·
Android Apprentice
25 Posts
ive noticed the bug also when playing gun bros. thought was my phone and its good to know its just a software issue. hope its fixed soon

·
Android Beginner
100 Posts
So, I noticed this problem when playing Pew-Pew 2. If you try to move and shoot to the bottom or right directions at the same time, the little vehicle stops shooting.

Fearing the worst, I rushed to download: https://market.andro...uchTester&hl=en

Sure enough, if I hold my phone in portrait and put two thumbs on the bottom of the screen, they're recognized just fine when I move them around. If I hold it in landscape orientation and put two thumbs on the bottom of the screen... The right hand one will flicker and very often completely disappear even with my finger pressed firmly down on it.

Is this a problem with other peoples' Nexus. At this point, I'd honestly like to hear that it's a defect in my unit. If this is generic multitouch issue with the Nexus line, I'm going to be annoyed.

·
I solve problems
1,213 Posts
nobnoobody said:
So, I noticed this problem when playing Pew-Pew 2. If you try to move and shoot to the bottom or right directions at the same time, the little vehicle stops shooting.

Fearing the worst, I rushed to download: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.the511plus.MultiTouchTester&hl=en

Sure enough, if I hold my phone in portrait and put two thumbs on the bottom of the screen, they're recognized just fine when I move them around. If I hold it in landscape orientation and put two thumbs on the bottom of the screen... The right hand one will flicker and very often completely disappear even with my finger pressed firmly down on it.

Is this a problem with other peoples' Nexus. At this point, I'd honestly like to hear that it's a defect in my unit. If this is generic multitouch issue with the Nexus line, I'm going to be annoyed.
There was another guy reporting the same thing after playing heavy gunner and he can reproduce it every time. I'm really hoping it's a software issue as well.

·
Android Beginner
100 Posts
There was another guy reporting the same thing after playing heavy gunner and he can reproduce it every time. I'm really hoping it's a software issue as well.
Were/Are you able to? The app I linked above is really tiny and it won't take more than a second to check.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Are you using the multitouch tester with your fingers in the same position as required by pew pew? If so I don't see any issue doing that on my device, they haven't disappeared or otherwise shown any sign of a problem.

·
I solve problems
1,213 Posts
nobnoobody said:
Were/Are you able to? The app I linked above is really tiny and it won't take more than a second to check.
I don't have mine yet
just read alot and letting you know that it apparently isn't specific to you.

·
Android Beginner
100 Posts
Are you using the multitouch tester with your fingers in the same position as required by pew pew? If so I don't see any issue doing that on my device, they haven't disappeared or otherwise shown any sign of a problem.
Yeah, that's what I was doing. Happened repeatedly for 20 minutes when I was at my house, and when I got to VZW, it had stopped and I was unable to reproduce the issue on the demo unit.

That makes me hopeful that it might at least be a software issue. Maybe it's a time/date related bug like the Droid 1 camera.

·
Thread Killer
283 Posts
Ugh... I was hoping this was bugs in the games related to the GNex or ICS.... I couldn't get ShadowGun to be playable, I'm sure it's the same issue. Also sometimes Samurai Warrior II was having issues in multi touch too, ugh...

edit: I verified the condition in the tester... this looks like a bug with the gyro+touch... because if you rotate the phone the OTHER way in landscape it works just fine as does portrait. So I think this is a driver/software problem and NOT a hardware problem, which means it should be fixable... I hope.

No wonder games weren't working well ugh.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just wanted to throw my results in here, I couldn't re-produce what you have at all. I played on it for a good minute, portait, landscape, 2 fingers, 10 fingers, never once lagged, flickered, or cut out.

Smooth as butter.

I'm on the ARHD 2.1.0 ROM

1 - 20 of 50 Posts