Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Supporting Member
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been getting random reboots when using the Music Beta app. I'm on Apex 2.0 RC1. Anyone else experiencing this?

·
Android Apprentice
22 Posts
Reboots or force closes? Because I'm getting multiple fc's. Both on apex and liberty.

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Themer
332 Posts
Justin said:
Reboots or force closes? Because I'm getting multiple fc's. Both on apex and liberty.

Sent from my DROIDX
i know if you're on liberty go into the toolbox > liberty tweaks > ad blocker > enable ads and then reboot try it on apex too liberty toolbox seems to play ok with apex

·
Supporting Member
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But I don't want ads...
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm on Apex like I said but I'll give it a try and report back.

Edit: I'm having reboots...haven't experienced any force closes at all.

·
Themer
332 Posts
PatHoge said:
But I don't want ads...
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm on Apex like I said but I'll give it a try and report back.

Edit: I'm having reboots...haven't experienced any force closes at all.
im on apex and been running google music all day streaming, might wanna go to cwm and clear cache, also did u clear dalvik when flashing apex? also i know no one likes ads but u can use the liberty toolbox to enable them to stream. like i said ive been streaming it all day no problem, also are u on wifi or 3g?

·
Supporting Member
240 Posts
Dewguzzler said:
im on apex and been running google music all day streaming, might wanna go to cwm and clear cache, also did u clear dalvik when flashing apex? also i know no one likes ads but u can use the liberty toolbox to enable them to stream. like i said ive been streaming it all day no problem, also are u on wifi or 3g?
+1. That would be my suggestion as well. It's working perfect for me.

·
Android Apprentice
22 Posts
Dewguzzler said:
i know if you're on liberty go into the toolbox > liberty tweaks > ad blocker > enable ads and then reboot try it on apex too liberty toolbox seems to play ok with apex
Boom. Thanks =)

·
Supporting Member
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the replies, all. Disabling ad-blocking now, so hopefully that'll fix the issue. It's been happening on 3G and Wi-Fi FYI. And I just saw Fab tweet about this actually!

bigxie Andrew Xie
If your Music Beta is causing your phone to reboot while streaming, do you happen to have ad blocking enabled? That's a no-no
(
Cool. This should fix it then!

·
Developer
20 Posts
I am actually on stock 573 i think it is, the very first gingerbread leak and its rock solid stable running google music w/ my google music account.

i found this gingerbread release to be so stable i never changed it.

·
Supporting Member
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Still having reboots, they're just less frequent now. Ads are enabled using Liberty Toolbox. Any suggestions?!

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
ok i had the reboots and i linked it to texting, i would text someone and than lock the screen and it would go silent and i would have to battery pull....than i went to apex and i havent had a problem ...than i went to liberty and i turned off ad blocking and i had not problems with that either so idk why stock messed up my google music but it did sorry i cant help more with how i fixed it ll i can say is its gone now

·
Themer
332 Posts
mjd515 said:
ok i had the reboots and i linked it to texting, i would text someone and than lock the screen and it would go silent and i would have to battery pull....than i went to apex and i havent had a problem ...than i went to liberty and i turned off ad blocking and i had not problems with that either so idk why stock messed up my google music but it did sorry i cant help more with how i fixed it ll i can say is its gone now
it also quits when mounting the sdcard on the computer but thats built in to the app im sure

1 - 20 of 26 Posts