Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
104 Posts
Cost Central currently has the folio case for 29.99 and the touchstone for $49.00 with free shipping.
From what I have seen they are probably your best bet online. I bought my touchstone on ebay when CC was out and paid a few dollars more so get yours before they are gone.
I just ordered my case from them since no one else has it available.

·
Android Apprentice
21 Posts
I was able to get Staples to price match Wal-Mart for the touchstone and case. Just brought the website printout in with me.

·
For Us By Us
287 Posts
I'm typing on my wireless keyboard with my touchpad propped in it's case. I really like it, the virtual keyboard definitely gets a bit annoying when typing more than 3 words semi-often. I use swype on my phone because I dislike using hunt and peck so much. I'm thinking about buying that touchstone dock but I haven't decided if it's worth it seeing as it has great battery life and I have another basic charger on the way :l

·
Android Apprentice
18 Posts
Costcentral touchstone on the way. Bought a $5 iPad case from Verizon and that included 2 day shipping free. Sure It's just a storage/carrying case but for $5 it will keep my touchpad safe when not in use.

·
Android Lover
883 Posts
phobos512 said:
I was able to get Staples to price match Wal-Mart for the touchstone and case. Just brought the website printout in with me.
I just got Wal-Mart to price match OfficeDepot's $39.99 price for the Touchstone. It was priced $79.99 in store.

·
Android Lover
883 Posts
Price match requires in-store pricing so just print out the first page of each item you want. It's perfect... says "in store only" and expiration date of Dec. 2011.

·
schmoove
85 Posts
Walmart online lists $35 for the touchstone. That's what I got mine for in store at walmart. Picked up 2 of them.

Thunderbolt..... RootzWiki.... blah blah blah

·
Average Android
62 Posts
The touchstone is pretty nice to have, one less thing to keep unplugging/plugging back in on my desk. The iPAD2 invisibleshield worked great as well, you just need to trim the corners with a razor blade after you apply it. Those are the only 2 accessories I can say I really wanted and have, the keyboard seems like a waste since the digital keyboard works really well.

·
Average Android
98 Posts
lu270bro said:
Walmart online lists $35 for the touchstone. That's what I got mine for in store at walmart. Picked up 2 of them.

just went into my local walmart they had that case and the touchstone but wouldnt price match their own websites prices, even called customer service, they said only way they could do it is if the walmartdotcom website would let me order and pick up in store, and that they couldnt price match office depot's price from just printing off the earlier link... wtf

·
schmoove
85 Posts
"jbrock98 said:
just went into my local walmart they had that case and the touchstone but wouldnt price match their own websites prices, even called customer service, they said only way they could do it is if the walmartdotcom website would let me order and pick up in store, and that they couldnt price match office depot's price from just printing off the earlier link... wtf
I guess I was lucky and got a cool csr. He had to get THE store mngr to override at the register as the normal dept mngr couldn't. But they were cool about it. Frack i wish you had better luck . Maybe try going in the evening and get a different clerk.

·
Average Android
98 Posts
They originally told me no to the office depot price, then I got off work called & talked to a different manager & she decided she would honor it, so I got the charger & the case!

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Average Android
98 Posts
lu270bro said:
Good deal bro. Glad you were able to snag one. The touchstone is the shiz!

yea I dunno when I'll need the touchstone charger this things battery is outstanding it sat a sleep for 3 days and still had 20% battery left

·
Average Android
104 Posts
spacemanps said:
Have heard mixed review about the touchstone, heard it takes FOREVER to charge...

Im still looking for a hard shell case for the back with NO luck what so ever... :erm (1):
I play with my Touchpad all day and rarely drop below 70% power. Set it on the Touchstone before bed (still in the HP case) and it's 100% by morning.

·
Interwebz Pirate
34 Posts
I have my Touchstone and keyboard coming through the post. I've still to get a case for my Touchpad, anyone noticed cases interfering with Touchstone charging?
Looking for some input before I get a case.
I searched and found a forum post at precentral with little detail on the situation, so figured I'd ask here for some first hand experience.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts