Android OS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
i was running really low on space and didnt know why. looked around and found the blob folder in CWM, after looking up what that is it seems the folder is needed for the backup to actually work so i should not delete it... but is a 10gig file normal or is something suspect? more then a third of my available space for a backup seems a little odd... i only have one backup (my last stable ROM).

·
I CAN'T STOP IT'S TOO DANGEROUS
654 Posts
That's huge. I've never had a backup file come close to that large... I don't know what would cause that either though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
60% of the time, it works every time.
73 Posts
While in recovery there is an option (I think it's in "Advanced") to clean up your backups. You can try this to free up some space. Just deleting the backups in ROM Manager (or the corresponding folder in a file manager) alone won't initiate a clean up. It might take a bit of time as if it's frozen, but I guess it's the price to pay for quicker and secured backups.

I just checked and mine is about 4.4GB. I probably should try a cleanup again too.

Edit: It's in "Backup and Restore" > "free nandroid space"

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
While in recovery there is an option (I think it's in "Advanced") to clean up your backups. You can try this to free up some space. Just deleting the backups in ROM Manager (or the corresponding folder in a file manager) alone won't initiate a clean up. It might take a bit of time as if it's frozen, but I guess it's the price to pay for quicker and secured backups.

I just checked and mine is about 4.4GB. I probably should try a cleanup again too.
ah, thanks for this! im on a new ROM and its running pretty good so i just deleted the entire clockwork folder and am just going to make a new backup of where im at now... ill have to keep this clean up option in mind next time i see the file size getting large.

·
I CAN'T STOP IT'S TOO DANGEROUS
654 Posts
I really like the app "DiskUsage" which gives a very organized visual explanation of what's using your storage.

I try to use it at least once a month to clean things up myself.

·
Registered
100 Posts
TWRP - problem solved
I did this last night. Deleted the 'blobs' folder and freed 2GB of space. I installed it via GooManager app.
I wasn't sure at first since all my other android devices run CWMR and I've been using CWMR for a while, but It's just so much faster than CWMR(especially backup; full system and data backup took less than 4 minutes). Wish I had switched to TWRP sooner.(<-- this comes from someone who have been using CWMR since 2010.)

Give it a try, you won't regret it.

·
Total Gnub
1,509 Posts
I did this last night. Deleted the 'blobs' folder and freed 2GB of space. I installed it via GooManager app.
I wasn't sure at first since all my other android devices run CWMR and I've been using CWMR for a while, but It's just so much faster than CWMR(especially backup; full system and data backup took less than 4 minutes). Wish I had switched to TWRP sooner.(<-- this comes from someone who have been using CWMR since 2010.)

Give it a try, you won't regret it.
I thought it was taking up ten gigs of space? What happened to the rest?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts