Android OS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using Bamf 1.8.6 for use with MR2 radios, and i have the stripped MR2OTA that came out side by side with the OTA patch which nerfed mobile hot spot. My mobile hot spot never got nerfed. I have tried different Roms with this radio and it did not work, but this combination seems to work. Anyone else have this experience? I tried googling it, but it seems like not too many people still have free mobile hotspot. Am very interested to hear why this is.

·
Android Addict
1,497 Posts
The only thing that I can think of is that 1.8.6 doesn't use the 7-x-11 OTA (Don't remember when it was released) which blocked the mobile hotspot from working. Technically (If I am not mistaken) anyone with a stock TB that doesn't update can do the same thing.

·
Android Addict
933 Posts
miketoasty said:
The only thing that I can think of is that 1.8.6 doesn't use the 7-x-11 OTA (Don't remember when it was released) which blocked the mobile hotspot from working. Technically (If I am not mistaken) anyone with a stock TB that doesn't update can do the same thing.
Yeah. What he said. That's old software. It does not have the blocker in it so as long as your on it, you'll have it free still. However you'll eventually be force to update. Cause when this gingerbread update comes your phone will ask you over and over again to update.

Proud New dad. Oh yeah is a BOY!!!

·
Android Apprentice
24 Posts
How difficult would it be for someone to hack a working version of the hotspot into the newer ROMS? You can't beat the stability and speed of the stock hotspot, compared with the other tether apps that are out there.

·
Average Android
91 Posts
strange that the droid x updates itself if you dont deny it when asked,also heard of some nolts doing the same thing, and if they want to they will find a way to force you to update.

brought to you with limited commercial interuptions

·
Android Addict
1,497 Posts
anotherfiz said:
are you saying that eventually ill be forced to upgrade to GB?
Might as well root now, get GB, and get a free tether anyways. I know you don't think it has the same "reliability" but it works.

·
Android > Apple
51 Posts
I thought that clockwork doesn't allow for the ota to go through... That's how it was in the og Droid days so maybe it has changed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts