Android OS Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
54 Posts
phooky said:
On cm7 and I have the OPs network issues too... here in NYC I'm constantly getting stuck on 3g, or losing data altogether until a reboot or airplane toggle. I have no idea what the culprit is, but I really don't want to have to go back to a sense rom ... but I don't think I have much of a choice
This is an NYC issue. I have data stability issues in midtown that I don't have at all in suburban NJ. New radios help a bit, but sense roms aren't any better.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Average Android
135 Posts
"Quantify said:
This is an NYC issue. I have data stability issues in midtown that I don't have at all in suburban NJ. New radios help a bit, but sense roms aren't any better.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
Good to know. Mine was acting all retarded today in NYC until I left and got back to Jersey.

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
I am having data problems with ASOP roms, CM7 and OMFGB. It sucks because I love the ASOP experience much more than the sense roms. I have the latest radios, and I have no idea what is going on for me. My data, 4g, will just randomly drop and reconnect.

·
Average Android
135 Posts
"cvance090685 said:
I am having data problems with ASOP roms, CM7 and OMFGB. It sucks because I love the ASOP experience much more than the sense roms. I have the latest radios, and I have no idea what is going on for me. My data, 4g, will just randomly drop and reconnect.
Where are you located? I had those issues in NYC yesterday and they eventually went away. There's a good chance its network and not rom related ...

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
pmdied said:
Where are you located? I had those issues in NYC yesterday and they eventually went away. There's a good chance its network and not rom related ...
I am located in New Orleans, and I wish it was a temporary network issue, but I have been having random data disconnects ever since I switched from a sense based rom to an ASOP rom. I have no explanation for what causes it. My phone will lose its 4g symbol and hang at voice service only for a few seconds, and 4g will pop back on. When I switch back to a sense rom, the data issues disappear completely. :(

·
Former #1 troll.
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
as i stated in another thread, liquid confirmed that the aosp roms have dodgy 4g do to the RIL. on sense i do not have the data drops and the 4g/3g hand offs are instantaneous.

·
Kernel Dev
897 Posts
"fixxxer2012 said:
as i stated in another thread, liquid confirmed that the aosp roms have dodgy 4g do to the RIL. on sense i do not have the data drops and the 4g/3g hand offs are instantaneous.
I would expect this.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sense Roms are built by people who are paid to develop the phones and are tested quite extensively. AOSP roms are built by people in their spare time. If it is that problematic for you switch to sense until the AOSP roms are out of releasce candidate/nightly stage.

·
Supporting Member - aka crack giver
437 Posts
"jolness said:
Sense Roms are built by people who are paid to develop the phones and are tested quite extensively. AOSP roms are built by people in their spare time. If it is that problematic for you switch to sense until the AOSP roms are out of releasce candidate/nightly stage.
I'm pretty sure team bamf isn't paid to make their roms they do it cause they love sense/android

·
Registered
163 Posts
"Agt Studly said:
I'm pretty sure team bamf isn't paid to make their roms they do it cause they love sense/android
Yes but bamf didnt have to write their RIL from scratch. The guys who got LTE working on the AOSP roms had a lot more work to do from that standpoint

Sent from my AOSP'd ADR6400L

·
Supporting Member
55 Posts
The asop roms had to be patched from the froyo ril to work. Slayer and Xoomdev spent many many hours backwards porting the ril to work. NO one has dealt with lte before. HTC hasn't released a gingerbread rom that is official therefore there isn't any source code for these roms. So to the dude that said kernel devs need to step up their game, do research before you bash the guys taking time to make your phone work. They are working with what they have available. If something doesn't work for your phone/area don't use it. Android does not support LTE natively these devs did a ton of work so far to get this phone to where it is. Seeing that this IS the only phone with Lte that has asop working the boys did a great job. I deal with asop not working at my house but that is Verizons fault on a bad signal not the devs fault. Use the roms that work for you or deal with the problems that may come about, they all have the beginning statement use at your own risk no one said its perfect.

·
Android Apprentice
49 Posts
While I admit the 3g/4g icons go in and out occassionally, ihavent had any missed emails or data blips when my phone is actually trying to transmit data. I think it has to donors with trying to ping the towers more frequently than it should. I have yet to get a failed download of a full Sense based rom (well over 100mb) while running cm7. I think its a non issue that you think there is because the icons go in and out. When it locks, it doesn't drop the signal.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.