Android OS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Android Lover
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased an Iomega Network Hard Drive. I have all my movies and music on it now like I am sure plenty of you do. I found a few apps in the store that will access it, but they don't support AVI, which is what most of my 500gb+ of movies are formatted in. Anyone found any good solutions yet? I have ORB, but you need to run that off a PC, not the Hard Drive, which I am trying to get away from, hence the purchase of the NAS.

:grin:

Also, instead of making another thread, anyone found a fix yet to why music won't show up in the music player after transfer to the "Music" folder? Sometimes my pictures don't show up either....

·
Android Apprentice
11 Posts
I use touchplayer to play avi format movies, but I have the movies saved locally on the touchpad, so I don't know if it will work on a NAS connection.

·
Android Beginner
13 Posts
I recently purchased an Iomega Network Hard Drive. I have all my movies and music on it now like I am sure plenty of you do. I found a few apps in the store that will access it, but they don't support AVI, which is what most of my 500gb+ of movies are formatted in. Anyone found any good solutions yet? I have ORB, but you need to run that off a PC, not the Hard Drive, which I am trying to get away from, hence the purchase of the NAS.

:grin:

Also, instead of making another thread, anyone found a fix yet to why music won't show up in the music player after transfer to the "Music" folder? Sometimes my pictures don't show up either....
Es File Explorer has an option for LAN connections, use MX Player to play the files.

-Erik

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks Kevin and Urban. Running smooth so far. Posted pics in screen shot thread.

Tapped from KDog's GNex!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also have an iomega ix2-200 for quite a while and I am always accessing it easily via ES File Explorer. Over the top I have the option to connect to my AVM Fritzbox via VPNC Widget and reach my NAS also this way. If your router supports setting up a VPN, I would give it a try.
For playing single media files (videos) I am using ES + vplayer. For music I am using the media server ability of the ix2-200 which works together quite well with vplayer.

·
Registered
Pixel 4a
382 Posts
May not help the OP but if your NAS supports UPnP/DLNA then there are several clients in the Play Store that can access your NAS. I use BubbleUPnP in conjunction with DICE Player to play media stored on my Synology ds411, it can also play media from my DLink DNS320 running Twonky.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've found the easiest way to be using cifs manager to mount a samba share, then depending on codec in the avi, mx or mobo player have worked with all my files.
I can browse from either the players or any file manager (I use ghost commander).
My nas is a dlink dns-320.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just use BSPlayer and save the location of the videos folder on my NAS. Has played any format of video file ive thrown at it so far even 720p video...might struggle with 1080p though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts