Android OS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,812 Posts
Dear fellow Kanglings,

I have failed. While we patched one primary bug for the NavBar FC issue, I have not fixed another that is relevant to Tablets but not Phone models.

If you are having issues with your NavBar FC'ing in particular with apps that require a menu button (ie, older legacy apps that don't use the 'ActionBar'), please go into ROMControl - > Navigation Bar - > and add a button and/or reassign one of your buttons to be a 'Menu' button.

**Edit: I just loaded B33 on my TouchPad and found another interesting issue: If you use the 'Reset NavBar' function your NavBar will completely disappear and not return. This appears to be an issue relating to the new Navbar Hide function (which now works .. too well :)).
Make sure on the 'Power Menu Options' you have ' Show navigation bar toggle' checked. You can then hold your power button and you should see the new Navigation bar controls (press the 'power' key on and your navbar will come back).

Yours Truly,

-Zaphod

·
Registered
32 Posts
working fine most of the time for me. very responsive great work on that.
facebook is one of those apps that keeps giving me FCs, making the navbar dissapear, then reappear with tiny buttons and a "menu" button.
still overall its working really great. not really your fault just some stupid developers not getting on board with the latest developements...

edit: a nicer solution than to add a fourth "menu" button (which is useless most of the time) was for me to add the menu function as a longpress action (for recent apps in my case)
apps that were FCing like facebook now work with the menu button showing up next to the other three.

·
Premium Member
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
working fine most of the time for me. very responsive great work on that.
facebook is one of those apps that keeps giving me FCs, making the navbar dissapear, then reappear with tiny buttons and a "menu" button.
still overall its working really great. not really your fault just some stupid developers not getting on board with the latest developements...

edit: a nicer solution than to add a fourth "menu" button (which is useless most of the time) was for me to add the menu function as a longpress action (for recent apps in my case)
apps that were FCing like facebook now work with the menu button showing up next to the other three.
Well, that's part of the misbehaving code. You shouldn't have to define a menu button at all. The code looks to see if you have one, and if not will add one when needed by certain apps (thus, you could actually have 6 buttons some times). While it seems to be working sometimes, there are some case that are casing FC's and/or shrinking of the other navbuttons...

By actually putting your own menu button on the navbar, it shouldn't need to create its own menu, avoiding those issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh good there is a fix (sorta)! i just flashed build 33 on my Gtab 10.1 and it was driving me crazy, so i switched back to cm9. and im like this is good, but i like the tweaks of aokp. going to flash back right now.

keep up the good work!

·
Village Idiot
71 Posts
**Edit: I just loaded B33 on my TouchPad and found another interesting issue: If you use the 'Reset NavBar' function your NavBar will completely disappear and not return. This appears to be an issue relating to the new Navbar Hide function (which now works .. too well :)).
Make sure on the 'Power Menu Options' you have ' Show navigation bar toggle' checked. You can then hold your power button and you should see the new Navigation bar controls (press the 'power' key on and your navbar will come back).
I've been playing around with AOKP on my kindle fire and noticed this problem. Looking at the source code for when the "reset" button is pressed I see that it hides/shows the navbar based on the config_showNavigationBar boolean, which won't be set for a tablet otherwise SystemUI freaks out.

I've gone ahead and patched this in my kindle fire build by using the following:
Code:
<br />
Configuration config = getResources().getConfiguration();<br />
boolean isTablet = (config.smallestScreenWidthDp >= 600);<br />
Settings.System.putInt(getActivity().getContentResolver(),<br />
			  Settings.System.NAVIGATION_BAR_BUTTONS_SHOW, (mContext.getResources()<br />
						   .getBoolean(<br />
                                        com.android.internal.R.bool.config_showNavigationBar) | isTablet) ? 1<br />
						   : 0);<br />

·
Premium Member
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been playing around with AOKP on my kindle fire and noticed this problem. Looking at the source code for when the "reset" button is pressed I see that it hides/shows the navbar based on the config_showNavigationBar boolean, which won't be set for a tablet otherwise SystemUI freaks out.

I've gone ahead and patched this in my kindle fire build by using the following:
Code:
<br />
Configuration config = getResources().getConfiguration();<br />
boolean isTablet = (config.smallestScreenWidthDp >= 600);<br />
Settings.System.putInt(getActivity().getContentResolver(),<br />
			  Settings.System.NAVIGATION_BAR_BUTTONS_SHOW, (mContext.getResources()<br />
						   .getBoolean(<br />
										com.android.internal.R.bool.config_showNavigationBar) | isTablet) ? 1<br />
						   : 0);<br />
That's one way :)

We just changed it in the overlay so that Tablets now get config_showNavigationBar set to true. It was originally set to false since the NavigationBar was really a G-nex thing and we didn't want that code creating problems for tablets.
While the NavigationBar & TabletStatusBar are still different sections of the code, I've re-used a lot of the 'NavigationBar' code in the new Tablet Nav/StatusBar and the same controls can now function for both.

This should be included in next build and no longer be a problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So far it has been working great with the change. now everything is working good, except temple run

thanks, keep up the great work!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts