Android OS Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

· Supporting Member
1,865 Posts
wow....I don't get it. I just dl'd again to check and got the same md5 as I had before. Not sure how you're getting that. One other option is to dl rom manager, hit "flash clockworkmod recovery" at the top, then pick "Droid X (2nd-init)", next "download rom" and pick it from there (MIUI 1.7.22 (english)).

If that works, go back to rom manager and install the "fix pack"

· Supporting Member
1,865 Posts
Jaeger said:
I can't get a clean screen capture of the phone info.
System Version: 2.3.340.MB810.Verizon.en.us
Android Version: 2.2.1
Baseband: BP.C.01.09.07P
Kernel: 2.6.32.9-g556e1w3047[email protected] 193lnxdroid08#1
From MIUI on the phone...
Only thing I see different on mine is the baseband....i'm on BP_C_01.09.12P....and my kernel is 2.6.32.9-g55626[email protected]l93lnxdroid08 #1

bold highlights the difference

You may need to re-check the sbf file.....again, I think the linux method is unbelievably easy

edit...i'll try to check back, but I need to get some shut eye

· Supporting Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
My bad on the kernel. Mine is identical to yours. I believe the difference in baseband is that your radio was updated from. 07 to. 12 by the MIUI rom.
What is the linux method? I've only ever used rsd lite.
That Miui file is what I downloaded direcly from the link.

· Supporting Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I downloaded the file a second time and the md5 matched yours. Briefly. Then i copied it to the root of the card and it changed. Then i checked the original and it had changed! (Scratches head.....)
I'll try loading it from my pc and transferring it.
I presume my sbf file is ok?

· Supporting Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I did all those things and had my battery at 100%.
I fooled around with it a bit earlier and found that when I first download the zip file the MD5 is the same as the one Willyjay posted. When I copy it and paste it to the root of the card the original file that I just copied changes as does the file that I paste. They both wind up with different MD5s and both are different than the original. I'm going to try again this morning when I get home and just try to flash the file from it's original location.

· Android Nut
2,432 Posts
Jaeger said:
Regarding the patch, do I install that immediately after flashing the Rom, prior to rebooting the phone?
that is what you would normally do, but since you're having problems, just do the rom. then reboot and make sure the flash worked and phone is working. then reboot back into cwr and flash the patch. no harm in flashing the patch later on like this.

· Supporting Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Sucess!! The devil was in the md5. Somehow, it got scrambled in the process of moving it. I redownloaded the ROM and just left it in the download file. I did all the same steps (minus formatting the system and wiping battery stats) and it installed just as easy as could be. Thanks to everyone for all the help, especially willyjay for pointing me in the right direction.

Now, about that patch. What does it do? I guess I need to figure out how to get into recovery. I can't use D2 bootstrapper anymore, right?

· Android Nut
2,432 Posts
Jaeger said:
Sucess!! The devil was in the md5. Somehow, it got scrambled in the process of moving it. I redownloaded the ROM and just left it in the download file. I did all the same steps (minus formatting the system and wiping battery stats) and it installed just as easy as could be. Thanks to everyone for all the help, especially willyjay for pointing me in the right direction.

Now, about that patch. What does it do? I guess I need to figure out how to get into recovery. I can't use D2 bootstrapper anymore, right?
the patch fixes a few things like market, torch, miui camera and bluetooth.
correct, dont ever use bootstrapper with miui or any other roms that use 2nd-init.
to boot into cwr, open rom manager and press boot into recovery.

· Supporting Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
The patch was applied. Awesome! Thank you again. Is there a setting I need to be aware of to activate the camera? The camera opens but nothing is displayed on the screen. I can open the menu but it won't let me go to the camcorder either.

· Supporting Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
willyjay to the rescue again! This ROM is pretty intense. At first I wasn't sure about not having an app drawer but I think it may grow on me. Again, thank you for all your help!

do I check here for updates or do I check on Rom Manager? Or both.

I need to put the phone down and go to bed!

· Supporting Member
1,865 Posts
LOL....no problem, glad I could help!

I'd check the MIUI thread and rom manager for any updates.

As for the app drawer....I just put a file folder on the drawer and placed most of my apps there....It's almost like a normal app drawer.

· Android Apprentice
47 Posts
Another solution to App drawer is to use a different launcher...I use Go Launcher. I wanted to make it look and feel as little like an iPhone as I could, so the launcher and a new icon set where the first things I did.

· Supporting Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I may yet go back to ADW EX or LP but for now I'm going to give stock MIUI a good run. There is a lot of stuff tucked into this rom to play with.

I've got to say, I've been poking around at new phones because I just wasn't satisfied with with my X on stock Gingerbread. Finally being able to try new Roms will keep me going until I'm do for an upgrade.

G

·
DeEDubbzz said:
Another solution to App drawer is to use a different launcher...I use Go Launcher. I wanted to make it look and feel as little like an iPhone as I could, so the launcher and a new icon set where the first things I did.
Haha, I did the exact opposite. I'm running an iPhone background and icon set, but I didn't go as far to mimic the lockscreen. For me, MIUI is the best of both worlds. I get the customization and efficiency of Android and the beautiful look of the iPhone OS. Been waiting forever for this to come to the X. ;)

Jaeger said:
I may yet go back to ADW EX or LP but for now I'm going to give stock MIUI a good run. There is a lot of stuff tucked into this rom to play with.

I've got to say, I've been poking around at new phones because I just wasn't satisfied with with my X on stock Gingerbread. Finally being able to try new Roms will keep me going until I'm do for an upgrade.
Oh, definitely! I don't plan on upgrading for at least another couple years. The stock MIUI launcher is a lot of fun as well once you get used to it. I have a variety of folders to better organize my apps. The plethora of themes for virtually every element of MIUI is exciting as well.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.