Android OS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, now that I got this ROM and see the posibilities it's awesome. My phone is rooted of course, otherwise I wouldn't be here.

In any case, the whole point of rooting was for me to have some fun and also unlock the device. But I cant' figure it out.

The problem seems to be two fold. First, by rooting the device, when I put the code in to unlock the device, it is not successful, and I'm told it is because of the ROM on it (custom), and I'm inclined to believe it because I've unlocked MANY phones from this one site using their codes, and they have helped me with this one too but we're at an end.

Now, I always thought that rooting a phone and having a good rom would allow you to network unlock the device without a code, but perhaps that is not to be? I do have the code, so that is not a problem anyway, but I don't want to flash back to an original Android 4.1.1 or 4.3 or whatever, or use ODIN right now.

The second problem is that manual overrides and inputs don't work, not ONE of the codes on the dial pad, except the EIME code (*#06#), work on this ROM, NONE! SO I can't even get to the menu where you can manually enter the code, whitout which I cannot enter the menu *#197328640# so I can do the things I was told to do, mainly debug network lock, SHA256, and seeing the ENABLE FLAG (1) or (0) and report back.

Anyhow, the phone is a Galaxy S3 i747 (m or not, the phone says i747 only, but behind the battery it says i747m), but none of that matters because the code I got is correct, 100%, for my phone, as the EMIE is correct and it should be unlocked by now.

So now I have this rooted phone that is not a phone but instead a smart fooling around device.

Please help.

With Respect,

Trypt

PS: Why won't the dial pad codes work on this ROM, this would suggest to me that there is a way to get to all that info via the custom rom and menus but I can't find the important one about the network lock.

If I can unlock this phone without flashing AGAIN back to normal, that would be amazing, because I already set it up the way I like, fooling around while waiting to figure out why the code is not unlcoking the phone when an unaccepted sim card is accepted. Just makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a similar issue on my Note 3 jb 4.3. Installing chainfire's region lock app first, then unlock code worked for me. Hope this helps.

(((Super Nerdified 4.4.2 Note 3 n900a
Dual boot thanks to Safestrap
FireKat v8
DynamicKat GPE v6
bobcatroms awesome theme with my own personal touch.

Who's the genius who thought blinding me at night with ugly white screens was a good idea? Thank you devs who know how to black out/invert.)))

·
Registered
5 Posts
i had an issue like this on my note 2 so i just backed up the rom and flashed back the stock rom unlocked and then restored my backup so i didnt lose anything

1 - 3 of 3 Posts