Android OS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Android Beginner
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I need some help.

I have a Droid Inc. on froyo 2.2 I downloaded unrevoked3 to root and install CWM recovery on my phone something odd happened on first run of unrevoked3 v3.32.

I seems that CWM recovery did not flash correctly because when I reboot into recovery all I get is a solid black screen with vertical white bars on the sides runing from top to bottom. phone boots into OS and I can acess the SD card and I have root but recovery is a no go. I know I have root because I installed ROM Manager and it requested superuser access.

I tried to run unrevoked several times after first try but I get the error that indicates it can't gain root access due to possible new firmware but I am on 2.2 confirmed.

hboot indicates s-on

What option if any do I have?

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
Does unrevoked say, "is you firmware too new?" Same thing happened to me (and others Google "hangs on recovery"). Uninstall the EVO application (use app manager in settings, might not be listed alphabetically, mine was last) then make sure phone has all data xfer off (wifi, 3g, BT, gps), quit all open apps on your pc, and rerun unrevoked3, it took a few tries, but it worked perfectly for me (and I'm a noob). When done you should have s-off, you'll see some text on your phone as it runs the s-off patch, the unrevoked3 app on your pc will give itself all kinds of congratulations, like "this was an outstanding triumph!", then finally say "done" and you should have the super user access app, and it should have uninstalled the EVO app. Good luck!

·
Android Beginner
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bwanamarko said:
Does unrevoked say, "is you firmware too new?" Same thing happened to me (and others Google "hangs on recovery"). Uninstall the EVO application (use app manager in settings, might not be listed alphabetically, mine was last) then make sure phone has all data xfer off (wifi, 3g, BT, gps), quit all open apps on your pc, and rerun unrevoked3, it took a few tries, but it worked perfectly for me (and I'm a noob). When done you should have s-off, you'll see some text on your phone as it runs the s-off patch, the unrevoked3 app on your pc will give itself all kinds of congratulations, like "this was an outstanding triumph!", then finally say "done" and you should have the super user access app, and it should have uninstalled the EVO app. Good luck!
OK thanks,

I gonna try your instructions and post back if all OK.

Regards

·
Android Beginner
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bwanamarko said:
That did the trick!!! Awesome!!!

I owe you big time, thank you for helping me out and taking the time to post your solution I can't thank you enough.

Best regards,

Blanco954

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
Let me what mod you install if any, I can't decide. Cyanogen 7 means giving up sense, gonna check out gingersense, skyraider was too hard to track down, and haven't looked at miui yet. So many to choose from, so let me know what you go with.

·
Android Beginner
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"bwanamarko said:
Let me what mod you install if any, I can't decide. Cyanogen 7 means giving up sense, gonna check out gingersense, skyraider was too hard to track down, and haven't looked at miui yet. So many to choose from, so let me know what you go with.
This is for my wife so she opted for MIUI-us. Looks sweet she likes all the themes and sorta iphone look. I have another Dinc and gonna try CM7 on that one. I will keep in touch and let you know via PM or this thread.

·
Android Addict
546 Posts
I am having a very similar situation. Unrevoked will do everything(it seems like it) but it fails. It does ask if I have new firmware. It's my wifes phone and she has android 2.3.4. Could that be the reason?

·
Android Beginner
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
anrichardson said:
I am having a very similar situation. Unrevoked will do everything(it seems like it) but it fails. It does ask if I have new firmware. It's my wifes phone and she has android 2.3.4. Could that be the reason?
Could be, have you tried the method that worked for me? I know you say your on 2.3 I am on 2.2. You may have to downgrade to 2.2 and run unrevoked3 as indicated above.

·
Android Apprentice
27 Posts
anrichardson said:
2.3.4 has no option to root yet(that i know of). I'm in the same situation. Wife's phone got the OTA 2.3.4 and her phone is all messed up battery drain ,texting issues..... etc.. Trying the factory reset to see if it fixes her issues but if it doesn't I'll be calling Verizon.

·
Android Addict
546 Posts
Brainfart said:
2.3.4 has no option to root yet(that i know of). I'm in the same situation. Wife's phone got the OTA 2.3.4 and her phone is all messed up battery drain ,texting issues..... etc.. Trying the factory reset to see if it fixes her issues but if it doesn't I'll be calling Verizon.
My wifes phone is going through the exact same issues with texting, and they recomended us getting another phone, but it's passed it's warranty replacement. I don't want to have to buy a new phone. You would think since it's there fault for a bad update, they would help you out. Nope.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts