Android OS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
14 Posts
Hold the power and up volume key then when you see the Samsung logo let go of the power and continue to hold the volume up button until it reboots into recovery

·
Android Apprentice
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jamison86 said:
Hold the power and up volume key then when you see the Samsung logo let go of the power and continue to hold the volume up button until it reboots into recovery
I have done that and it only stays at the samsung logo.

·
Android Beginner
23 Posts
What did you do prior to this happening? I also had this happen when I loaded JT's CM7 ROM without first converting my filesystem to EXT4. Also, you are only supposed to hold the power down until it turns on but keep holding down the up volume button. When this happened to me, I had to use Heimdall to revert to the stock image. You need to press down volume and power to get to the download mode then use Heimdall.

You might want to take your SD card out and back up the contents. All I know is I couldn't get past the Samsung logo without reverting to stock with Heimdall. If you are not familiar with Heimdall, read up on it because it's a great tool and already saved me once!

·
Android Apprentice
39 Posts
Omnivus said:
What did you do prior to this happening? I also had this happen when I loaded JT's CM7 ROM without first converting my filesystem to EXT4. Also, you are only supposed to hold the power down until it turns on but keep holding down the up volume button. When this happened to me, I had to use Heimdall to revert to the stock image. You need to press down volume and power to get to the download mode then use Heimdall.

You might want to take your SD card out and back up the contents. All I know is I couldn't get past the Samsung logo without reverting to stock with Heimdall. If you are not familiar with Heimdall, read up on it because it's a great tool and already saved me once!
I flashed [CDMA] [VZWTab] CM7 BETA-KANG [UNOFFICIAL]. Could you post a link for reverting back to stock using Heimdall? I am not being lazy, I just want to make sure that I'm doing the correct procedure. thanks for all of your help. Just FYI I had successfully flashed an earlier version of this rom without any issues. I did the same procedure this time, but it was obviously not a success.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts