Android OS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know how to use heimdall for Linux? I'm pretty new to Linux but I'm finding my way around. Heimdall is basically Odin for Linux. Its a 2 part download. I see screenshots of the 'frontend' having an actual gui (I think that's what I mean lol) but I can't even figure out where to start or find even the slightest bit of how to

·
waffler
885 Posts
So are you asking how to use heimdall in general or just how to get it installed on linux?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So are you asking how to use heimdall in general or just how to get it installed on linux?
yes how to use it.. I finally figured out that 'heimdal-frontend' in terminal opens it lol, but it says error communicating with phone. In the advanced tab I click check phone and it says all good. But when I flash it says errror. Idk, I borrowed my old laptop from my brother and used Odin. But I'd like to figure this out still

·
waffler
885 Posts
yes how to use it.. I finally figured out that 'heimdal-frontend' in terminal opens it lol, but it says error communicating with phone. In the advanced tab I click check phone and it says all good. But when I flash it says errror. Idk, I borrowed my old laptop from my brother and used Odin. But I'd like to figure this out still
did you extract everything from the odin tar? heimdall works essentially the same as odin but you have to tell it specifically what to flash, you cant just flash the whole odin tar as one file.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did you extract everything from the odin tar? heimdall works essentially the same as odin but you have to tell it specifically what to flash, you cant just flash the whole odin tar as one file.
yeah i extracted everything.. it just wont communicate with the phone. i borrowed my old laptop from my brother and used odin, but i never did get heimdall working.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts