Android OS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I just wanted to know about the Micro SD card I should buy for extra memory.

Micro SD or SDHC... 8,16 or 32GB?

class 2, 4, 6 or 10?

Any difference?

Also any recommended carrying case?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
Micro sd card for the tablet. Sdhc for the dock. The class number tells you the minimum write speed. Class 2 is 2MB/s and so on. Obviously, the higher number the better. That goes for the size too. Hope this helps.

·
Android Apprentice
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
brandonfro said:
Micro sd card for the tablet. Sdhc for the dock. The class number tells you the minimum write speed. Class 2 is 2MB/s and so on. Obviously, the higher number the better. That goes for the size too. Hope this helps.
it does, thanks.

·
Android Apprentice
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, so I went on MicroCenter.com and they have Micro SD cards only up to 2GBs, I was looking for a higher storage card, the least of 16Gs.

·
Supporting Member
40 Posts
I would check out Amazon or Newegg. Also keep an eye on Slickdeals for microsd and sd cards on sale. I would say 16 GB is minimum size but really depends on what you use it for. If you want to watch movies stored on the TF then larger the better obviously. For pics/documents you won't need as much storage. Also keep in mind if you have the keyboard dock, you can use a USB flash drive (which are usually cheaper then SD cards) or external hard drives.

·
Android Beginner
13 Posts
brandonfro said:
I do believe you mean Micro SDHC for tablet and SDHC for the Dock
The SDHC in both Micro SDHC and SDHC only signify that it has a capacity greater than 2GB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts