Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Developer
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I forked than began playing around with a subset of Launcher2 after some fixes than many tweaks I think I have it just about right... Here are some screenshots for those who are interested.. This will be the default launcher moving forward....

Source Code for those who want to play :p

https://github.com/kejar31/android_packages_apps_Gummy-Launcher2

As you can see up from the pics it looks exactly the same as the normal Launcher2 but it simply has more options :D

·
Themer
1,078 Posts
Nice! Are you going to add an option for custom icon selection, or is it just going to use whatever icons come in each theme?

·
Android Apprentice
25 Posts
Anyway to put the hide app thing like launcherpro has. I love that it's the only reason I use launcher pro.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
40 Posts
Looks amazing, it'll be neat to have an expanded dock and the ability to go landscape. Would it be possible to integrate the LP+ feature of being able to uninstall an app by long-pressing and holding it over the trashcan? It was just so convenient and probably what I miss most about using LP+.

·
I just live here
475 Posts
Should add in a option for transparent icons as well. I like to keep my home screen clean, and would love to drop ADW Launcher for it as it's really the only reason I use it. There's bugs in ADW I would like to get rid of, or at least add the option for modified icons so I can make them transparent myself =P

·
Developer
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Guys I am mostly building from others work here!!! SuperTeam and Dustin Jorge to be exact... While I did implement fixes and modify the code I am not exactly a great Java programmer, more of a hacker! I have neither the ability or desire to implement super advance features into this project.... This Launcher is pretty much where I want it to, light and fast as hell with a few advance features...

·
Android Apprentice
21 Posts
Kejar31 said:
Guys I am mostly building from others work here!!! SuperTeam and Dustin Jorge to be exact... While I did implement fixes and modify the code I am not exactly a great Java programmer, more of a hacker! I have neither the ability or desire to implement super advance features into this project.... This Launcher is pretty much where I want it to, light and fast as hell with a few advance features...
looks sick! i like how we can now have 5 dock icons! hope this is coming soon!

·
Android Apprentice
22 Posts
Can't wait for it! I'm personally using ADW & GO Launcher(I have my homescreens setup on both, I switch it up every few days) and I very much welcome an official Gummy launcher to the family :]

·
Android Lover
255 Posts
That looks really cool, I love the look and feel of the stock GB launcher, its just not full featured enough for me. I've grown to really like Go Launcher, but this is gonna be a really great alternative.

·
Average Android
334 Posts
Rythmyc said:
Should add in a option for transparent icons as well. I like to keep my home screen clean, and would love to drop ADW Launcher for it as it's really the only reason I use it. There's bugs in ADW I would like to get rid of, or at least add the option for modified icons so I can make them transparent myself =P
Launcher2 is easy to customize yourself. You can unpack it, edit the images and then repack it and create your own custom launcher with transparently icons and more. I was making my own on the fascinate.

·
Smartass in Chief
1,318 Posts
Kejar you are mad genius. The ability to have the expanded dock is exactly what was missing from Launcher 2. I eagerly await this release.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts