Android OS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing the pictures of the new Moto line up , does anyone else think that the recent rumors of the CEO's of Apple and Google being in discussions means that there is some licencing agreement between the two companies ? The new Razrmaxx HD looks much more similar to the iphone than most of the Samsung devices that apple has filed injunctions against.

·
Android Apprentice
644 Posts
I totally agree. I told a buddy of mine that's probably their way of giving the a big middle finger. Looks very iphonish. Still nice devices.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

·
Flash Addict
960 Posts
I don't see how a 4.7" screen phone could be considered = to a iphone that just finally got a 4" screen... Also remember where Google/Moto and Apple are located vs Korean Samsung. American juries will never be fair in court when it is US company vs Non US, Korean or otherwise.

I don't think apple would see anything near those results in US vs US so instead of going against one they are using the American juries pride and dedication to our country as a tool to take out a foreign company that will in turn set precedence for them to use in court against an American company.

Something I doubt those jurors would be so happy about. It disgusts me if that is the case and they are taking advantage of our countries patriotic citizens.

Maybe I'm wrong... It's just the way I feel

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't see how a 4.7" screen phone could be considered = to a iphone that just finally got a 4" screen... Also remember where Google/Moto and Apple are located vs Korean Samsung. American juries will never be fair in court when it is US company vs Non US, Korean or otherwise.

I don't think apple would see anything near those results in US vs US so instead of going against one they are using the American juries pride and dedication to our country as a tool to take out a foreign company that will in turn set precedence for them to use in court against an American company.

Something I doubt those jurors would be so happy about. It disgusts me if that is the case and they are taking advantage of our countries patriotic citizens.

Maybe I'm wrong... It's just the way I feel

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
So you DO see where apple can claim infringement on all the Samsung devices , including the 4.65" screen Gnex that they got a temporary injunction against? Apple argued that a rectangle with rounded corners was their intellectual property . I posted this thinking that the new moto looks like an update of the Iphone 4/4s .Theres more to it than just similarity of design . My post was referring to the fact that the new Moto device looks more like an Iphone than several of the Sammys that were found to violate Apples patents , including , if i remember correctly at least one device with a slide out keyboard.
As far as U.S. pride , while it's a good thing to have , that has absolutely no place in the courtroom or in determining the outcome , along with all the other questionable actions of the jurors . Yes , Apple is an American Company , but do you have access to enough REAL data to say that Apple benefits the overall U.S. economy more than Samsung? Both companies manufacture their devices overseas ( you have heard of the Foxconn issues apple has had) , and both are publicly traded companies . Since Apple stock is the highest per unit stock in tech I'd say that more Americans could own stock in Sammy , which could mean that Sammy would benefit more Americans than Apple , as neither company is employing enough people here in the U.S. to even register on labor statistics.

·
Registered
563 Posts
They're nice phones.

Dude needs to cut his fingernails though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.