Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
21 Posts
I saw the shaky video the other day of the HP Touchpad running android out of the box. Well a new video has been posted today that looks legit. It seems to be the same guy because of the different colors skin marks on his hand.

New Video:

New Video 2 from same YouTube User as video above:

Original Video:

---------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------
UPDATE:
Video from jiwanish (guy who provided a image):
Thanks jiwanish for not being greedy and putting it on ebay

·
Android Lover
556 Posts
so my real question is, has anyone tried to root that bad boy yet? i mean, they couldn't have taken any measures to block root exploits so something like gingerbreak, or even Z4 root should be able to root that sucker.

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
What happened to the "Touchdroid" development thread that was stickied? I believe last few posts on that thread were by the user knows the guy that owns this android touchpad being featured in the video. He was supposedly meeting up with one of the devs from the forum. Maybe the guy was legit and the dev has his hands on this touchpad and is in the process of loading up the ROM etc? That's why they deleted the old thread?

·
Average Android
69 Posts
I like this. I like this a lot.

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
Is this a 'plant' by HP I wonder?

"Let's get shot of WebOS, and setup Android to 1 or 2 units, put it out there and see how long it takes to go viral and spread around the world?!".

Fantastic advertising for the HP TouchPad and makes it the most affordable and most sort after device in the world within a day!!

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
DejaVu said:
Fantastic advertising for the HP TouchPad and makes it the most affordable and most sort after device in the world within a day!!
They'd not be able to maintain that price though, according to The Telegraph each device cost HP at least £180 to produce. So they're selling these at a loss at the moment. It boggles the mind! But yes, even at £200 - £220 it'd be a bargain.

My brother is bringing mine home tonight, I'm really excited about it. Even more so at the slim, slim chance that Android is already running on it.

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
In case anyone here is wondering about the validity of these videos, or if you didn't get curious as to what the QUIC logo stood for in the boot up sequence, i present you with the following link.
http://www.qualcomm.com/quicinc

Since it looks like Qualcomm has already ported Android to the device itself. This should make the community port much easier as all of the hard stuff looks to have already been taken card of internally.
THIS IS GREAT NEWS FOR THIS PROJECT!!!

·
Slacker
158 Posts
hotweiss said:
Have you seen this:

Look at the angle and movement of the camera on the screen, it's not the same as the actual movement of the camera, I think it's a fake.

·
Average Android
90 Posts
chessmaster W/nook said:
Look at the angle and movement of the camera on the screen, it's not the same as the actual movement of the camera, I think it's a fake.
The guy has 3 videos of his touchpad. I don't think it's a fake.

·
Android Beginner
22 Posts
Does not look fake to me. I think haters are just gonna hate. IMO this had to be a plant. Someone from HP had to slip this in the line while shipping. Could have been a pissed off dev worker who knew what was coming. Think of it like superman's parents shooting him off because they knew their planet was about to explode. :D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts